I Have The NEED to FEED Fri. 2/24/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm making French onion soup. I'm following the recipe in Julia Child's The Way to Cook. I'm following it to the letter, except for the the gratiné part. I'm using store bought whole grain wheat baguette instead of homemade French bread and I don't have any Swiss cheese (which Swiss?) or Jack, so I will probably substitute some gouda.
I am ready for a feed of that soon myslef

Now I'm hankering for a bowl of French Onion Soup topped with lava-hot cheese!

I always used provolone but a shredded mixture of that and Gruyere would be even better!

We went to Outback and my steak was overcooked... again.

I love when you say "4 seconds a side" and the wait staff says "so you want it rare?"

No.. Rare is a particular time on the grill... I want it 4 *bleeepin* seconds a side. :)

For me a crab cake, for my child leftover pizza and frootloops.. his choice :)

We went to Outback and my steak was overcooked... again.

I love when you say "4 seconds a side" and the wait staff says "so you want it rare?"

No.. Rare is a particular time on the grill... I want it 4 *bleeepin* seconds a side. :)

So, why do you go? I've been once. Totally underwhelmed and pricey. The one nearby closed after about 2 or 3 years.

did you eat it or send it back?

Oh no I sent it back.

So, why do you go? I've been once. Totally underwhelmed and pricey. The one nearby closed after about 2 or 3 years.

The steak is decent enough. Usually we go to a different Outback. My name and instructions on how to cook my steak are next to the grill at that one. This one is close to Kathleen's work.

As an aside.. I got steak.

Kathleen went to a steak place and got pasta. I enjoyed mine. :mrgreen:

We finished up unbreaded pork tenderloin sammies left over from lunch. I'm gonna steam some asparagus and top with Bearnaise sauce (Knorr, thanks PF!) for parte deux. Too cold to go out! I think my blood has thinned from the mild winter.

Since I screwed up on Ash Wed and made chicken, I made up for it today.

We had old school creamed tuna with onions, celery, mushrooms and peas on top of open faced buttered & toasted chabatta rolls. Yes, I made the white sauce but only because I was out of Cream of Mushroom soup. Gasp!:ohmy: :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I made some Bisquick shortcakes and we'll have strawberry shortcake for desert later. Was glad to see the first of them in the store today.
Gotta have real whipped cream too.

dinner club met tonight. other couples brought aroncini and marinara, green salad with fruit and nuts and a poppy seed dresing, and apple ppie w/ cheese. I made the entry this time: cold sesame noodles, grilled salmon with peanut sauce, stir fried shitake with spinach.

I'm making French onion soup. I'm following the recipe in Julia Child's The Way to Cook. I'm following it to the letter, except for the the gratiné part. I'm using store bought whole grain wheat baguette instead of homemade French bread and I don't have any Swiss cheese (which Swiss?) or Jack, so I will probably substitute some gouda.

Well, in spite of some burnt onion, that didn't go in the soup, it came out great. The Gouda melted beautifully and was nice and stringy. Using "hard toast" slices of baguette worked really well too.

I guess it was because there weren't enough onions, but I was still hungry after a bowl, so I made a salad of lettuce, tomatoes, and red onion with just some salt and pepper, EVOO, and balsamic vinegar instead of a real dressing. Oh, and I sprinkled some unsalted, roasted sunflower seeds on it. It was pretty good and now I'm full. DH got tired of waiting and went to bed. I have almost a litre of soup left for tomorrow.

Pan-Grilled Rib Eye, Sliced Portobello's sauteed in garlic / onion butter and Merlot...

img_1111834_0_0325540b5c8fd9b63852c31ccda27bee.jpg

img_1111834_1_a1abfad81473ae8783ccfe1d7a7ac125.jpg

img_1111834_2_26e8618711ef0e83f8ed511cc7470c65.jpg

img_1111834_3_bba812cd741085876b85044d08ce3fe0.jpg

img_1111834_4_b62cb5ccdf40bdd44224e7b2e63bb427.jpg

Back
Top Bottom