I Hope Dinner on Tuesday the 15th Isn't Too Taxing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
For us, it's a tomato sauce with Italian sausage, criminis and procini. Spaghetti is the pasta of choice.

I love Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. But I only like the noodles. I never eat the pieces of chicken. Hate breast meat. But I don't have any on hand. So I made up a pot of broth with Better Than Bullion and tossed in a bunch of soup noodles and cooked them til done. I just ate some of the noodles. They were done to al dente. I like them overcooked like Campbell does them. So I let the rest of them simmer for about 20 minutes. Done to perfection. :angel:

Good title Andy! :LOL:

I'm making breakfast for supper. Mushroom and "cheap chives" (green onion tops) omelet with Fontina cheese, fried red potatoes (using up the too-many I made for potato salad the other day), and a slice of ham from the one I baked a few days back. Using up the sourdough and rye bread as toast, but I have most of a loaf of Challah on hand just in case.

Udon noodle soup in an Asian inspired broth using leftover mussel juice, vegetable broth, oyster sauce, gochujang, shrimp, and other goodies....

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I didn't have the time or energy to cook so we ordered out. Two souvlaki on pita for me and two gyro pita for Stirling. It was good, but I have 3/4 of a souvlaki pita left for later.

Had a hair appointment at 5:30 pm so I stopped at KFC on the way home with a bucket of original recipe, mashed and gravy, green beans and biscuits.

Pork chops with onion gravy (miss you kades!), green salad and home fries. Glass of merlot and a handful of chocolate covered pomegranate seeds finished it off.

Now I'm going to go have a crusty bun with some proscuitto or porchetta in it because I was reading Andy's bread with your meal poll and I NEED bread!

TB had a farmer's sausage with Greek salad for main meal and took sandwiches for work.

I just had some Greek salad at main meal as I have been battling a migraine all day. I had some mushroom soup for dinner that my neighbour made for me. It was very delicious and just right for dealing with my head pain.

Good title Andy! :LOL:

I'm making breakfast for supper. Mushroom and "cheap chives" (green onion tops) omelet with Fontina cheese, fried red potatoes (using up the too-many I made for potato salad the other day), and a slice of ham from the one I baked a few days back. Using up the sourdough and rye bread as toast, but I have most of a loaf of Challah on hand just in case.

Challah bread makes the best French toast in the world. :angel:

Yes it does Addie! There is a diner in Newtown, CT that we stop at any time we're back and forth from here to OH or FL, or practically anywhere west or south of New England. It's called "Blue Colony Diner" and they have the absolutely best Challah bread we've had from anywhere. Last time to OH I picked a loaf up especially to make French Toast Casserole when we were at our daughter's. Best. French. Toast. Ever! :yum:

Yes it does Addie! There is a diner in Newtown, CT that we stop at any time we're back and forth from here to OH or FL, or practically anywhere west or south of New England. It's called "Blue Colony Diner" and they have the absolutely best Challah bread we've had from anywhere. Last time to OH I picked a loaf up especially to make French Toast Casserole when we were at our daughter's. Best. French. Toast. Ever! :yum:

The town where my supermarket is located used to be heavily Jewish. In fact when my kids were in school, they used to close for the schools for not only the Christian religious holidays, but the Jewish ones also. Now most of the temples have closed and the population is now pretty much Latino.

So one day I gave Spike his half of my grocery list and on it I had Challah bread. The store was brand new and the bakery wasn't working at full capacity. Spike came and looked at me with the list in my hand and said, "What city do you think you are in right now?" Then it dawned on me. The new population would have no idea of what Challah bread was. And the in-store bakery was not ready to make specific ethnic breads. Just fresh white loafs. We both broke into some belly laughing. To this day he will just say "Challah bread" to let me know I have said something stupid. :angel:

I went to a potluck dinner meeting with the master gardeners last night. I made Greek meatballs in tomato sauce with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Good stuff - it was a big hit. DH had half a meatloaf sandwich and cole slaw left over from lunch.

Back
Top Bottom