Originally Posted by choclatechef
Originally Posted by Bangbang
I am almost workin up an appetite for Chitterlins,hog maws,and mac&cheese with a bottle of Frank's Redhot Sauce. Won't forget the beer either.
Bang! You are widening your horizons! Wonderful! I definitely will join you.
Hog maws (Pigs Stomach)
1. Wash inside and outside of hog maws with cold running water.
2. Pierce hog maws with fork for penetration of cooking flavor.
3. Crush the star anise, add to pot with wine, celery root, and enough water to cover hog maws.
4. Bring to boil, lower flame and simmer covered until hog maws are tender, approximately one hour.
5. When hog maws are tender (easily pierced with fork), add a big spoon (such as the big ladle-thing that came with your wok set) of soy sauce, stir, remove from flame and cover.
6. Serve when cool, cut up into bite-size pieces
Bangbang makes a few Pig Stomach Bombs.