ICKY FOOD??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, you folks have pretty much covered all the nasties. Brussle sprouts haven't grown on me so we can nix those. Tripe, brain, etc. = gross! My Mom has told me stories of my great great Grandma frying cow brains every Sunday after church (rowlf!) I refuse to eat Jell-O ever since I found out what it was made of!

Pea soup, hamburger helper, spaghetti with clam sauce (my mother used to make all of these when I was a kid and havent had it since), and I dont like organ meats except for chicken liver.

why such hate for tripe? tripe is yummy. but i'm with sierracook on the caraway seed thing. YUCK!

what foods you won't eat

I will gladly pass by summer squash,black eyed peas,cooked carrots,black beans,rhutabegas,turnips,collard greens,kale. No liver,tripe,kimchee. poi & egg plant. I would rather go hungry then eat them! I'm not fond of Thai food! After going to a Thai restaurant I ate very little, stopped on the way back to our room & bought micro wave popcorn. That was my dinner! :( :( :( :(

Bang, I love a good calve's liver sauteed with still a tad of pink - nice and tender - caramalized onions slathered all over it - so when are we eating????

I just thought of a couple more. Raw onions & bell peppers. I like onions cooked but I just can't stand them raw. UGH! Gives me chills just thinking about it! Oh, & olives, I don't like black or green ones. My daughter loves black olives & will sit & just eat them & nothing else. I guess she gets that from her nana.

black olives, fake crab and fake lobster, beets, seafood salad made with the fake 'Krab'

kitchenelf said:
Bang, I love a good calve's liver sauteed with still a tad of pink - nice and tender - caramalized onions slathered all over it - so when are we eating????

It is probaby in my top 25 best meals if I was to make one.

I would never eat a bug.

When I was a child, my grandmother prepared eels as a big treat for my grandfather. Horrid-looking things, even if they hadn'tbeen leaping about in the pan as they cooked. The stuff of nightmares. BRRRAAAAGGGHHHH. :shock:

Cats

I'm not really big on organ meats.....livers, kidneys, gizzards, intestines, etc. And I can't quite make it with foods that have not so pleasant odors. Basically, anything that will test my gag reflexes are a big "no-no".

Smoked salmon (I really have tried to like it) and organ meats other than calves liver, which I love and chicken liver.

Pam

HotnSpicy said:
I'm not really big on organ meats.....livers, kidneys, gizzards, intestines, etc. And I can't quite make it with foods that have not so pleasant odors. Basically, anything that will test my gag reflexes are a big "no-no".

I am with you, HnS, and it cannot still be wearing its eyes (like whole trout sometime is served) when it is plated. UGH

Back
Top Bottom