If only I knew then what I know now (dining tip)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poppinfresh

Senior Cook
Short version: I'm taking a real estate class at a local college so that when I sell my house later this year, I won't have to give a % of it to some realtor (who's about useless in my area since my county has an online for sale directory that everybody uses to search for houses). Turns out the schools culinary academy is on the next floor from my classroom.

Anyhow, class lets out last night and I decide to go up there and see what they're doing out of curiosity...turns out they serve the public like an actual restaurant. Last night's dinner was a cherry glazed rack of lamb, a seafood risotto, grilled hearts of palm and creme brulee...total cost?

FIVE BUCKS.

So I'm out that way this afternoon for something else, decide to see what they do for lunch...Penne with meat sauce, antipasto, salad, and cherry trifle. For two dollars and seventy five cents.

Ugh, if only I knew then what I know now :P

There is a college in our area that does that, but I've never been there. I read about it in the paper and the meals sound delicious.

:) If I knew then what I know now I would have worked my butt off and invested every penny in MicroSoft I would be set for life now

That's very cheap, cheaper than any culinary school that I've heard of. Lucky location so you can take advantage of it.

At WCI, our prices were considerably cheaper (also taking into account that we served a lot of prix fix meals) than normal restaurants, but not as cheap as that. We would have a 4 course set menu for say, $26 whereas you would pay that much just for a comparable entree at most other places.

Back
Top Bottom