I'm Cookin'~How'bout You? 6/15/2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
DH hasn't had much of an appetite but said this morning that
he'd really like some fish and veg :clap:

IMG_4324.jpg

How'bout you? Whatcha makin'?

Good thing I checked, K-Girl. I just finished typing up a post for tonight and was ready to start the new thread. Great minds and all, eh? :cool: Glad to hear that your DH is feeling a bit better.

I scored some Hamlin juice oranges at the little one-off grocery store, so breakfast-for-supper it was. I made a skillet full of "Dirty Eggs*" and paired them with rye toast. IMO that's a match made in heaven...or at least our kitchen.

*Sauteed minced onions and mushrooms, with just enough eggs to hold them together. :ermm: Kinda. :yum:

Leftover eggrolls orange sauce, broc/cauli/wwpasta with no cheeze sauce, and baked potato 'fries'.

I was going to make chicken fried steak tonight, and grill out tomorrow, but the weather forecast said I should reverse those plans. So, I'm going to grill up a cheeseburger, and have some fresh summer fruits on the side tonight.

CD

So glad MrK is on the mend!

We did homemade pizza tonight..
In this order..

Von's pre made raw pizza dough
TJ's perfect for us Pizza Sauce
chopped sun dried tomatoes
a scatter of Mozz. cheese
sliced Crimini mushrooms
sliced shallots
Salami slices
chopped Panchetta
green bell pepper slices
Kalamata olives, chopped
a ton of grated Mozzarella, sprinkled with fresh Parm.

Baked on the stone for 13 min. at 500 degrees.
SC said there's no way you can buy a pizza this good!:yum:

Attachments

• P6150003[1].jpg
    P6150003[1].jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 139
We had a hankering for Indian food, so we ordered some. We had chicken tikka, daal gosht, and our standard lamb samosas, onion bhajis, and pakora. It really hit the spot. The one thing that bugs me about this resto is that they usually send us naan when we ask for roti. We had our own brown basmati rice with the daal gosht.

Yesterday I had half and instant cinnamon raisin oatmeal for breakfast.

Lunch was half a Jersey Mike's Original Italian hero (I added some extra red wine vinegar, spices and fresh basil leaves) and half bag of Lays chips.

jersey_mike_italian_061519_IMG_5905.JPG

lays_061519_IMG_5907.jpg

Dinner was Chinese - 2 chicken wings and pork fried rice.

I baked chicken thighs in salsa verde sauce.. Served with Mexican rice and warm tortillas..

Finished the chocolate cobbler w/vanilla bean ice cream, while watching Netflix shows..

Ross

Yesterday I had half and instant cinnamon raisin oatmeal for breakfast.

Lunch was half a Jersey Mike's Original Italian hero (I added some extra red wine vinegar, spices and fresh basil leaves) and half bag of Lays chips.

View attachment 35210

View attachment 35211

Dinner was Chinese - 2 chicken wings and pork fried rice.

Jersey Mike's makes a good sammich. Their Italian done "Mike's Way" is as close to a South Jersey Hoagie as I have found in Texas. We don't have Wise potato chips here, but Lay's are good. A cream soda and some Tastycake Butterscotch Krimpets would make it a grand slam.

CD

Jersey Mike's makes a good sammich. Their Italian done "Mike's Way" is as close to a South Jersey Hoagie as I have found in Texas. We don't have Wise potato chips here, but Lay's are good. A cream soda and some Tastycake Butterscotch Krimpets would make it a grand slam.

CD

Too bad you don't have Wise Chips. What I absolutely love about them, (since childhood) is that no two chips are alike. You even get the ones that the edges are a wee bit on the burnt side. Great flavor.

Now I get the Market Basket "Slightly Salted" ones. Better for the heart. I have turned so many folks onto them. And like Wise chips, no two chips are the same. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Wise does make them. They have a factory on the other side of the Charles River in Cambridge. You can buy a large tin on chips for parties and other functions.

Back
Top Bottom