I'm Hungry! What's for supper, Thursday June 7?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I looked high and low and didn't see a dinner thread for today, so here it is!

Woohoo, the money we were waiting for came (we were down to sausage and Brussels sprouts for lunch), and it is late, so we are going out to eat tonight. Probable Logan's Roadhouse, since I know they have fried mushrooms and good steaks and salads. Then we will go practically next door to Logan's and do some shopping at WalMart so we will have a little food in the house for tomorrow. :cool:

Wow..everyone must be eating late :rolleyes: We had meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and mixed veggies AND I didn't have to cook!!!

The rain has stopped (for now) and the sun is out so I'm going to toss a kielbasa on the grill, heat up some mac and cheese and a veggie.

I looked high and low and didn't see a dinner thread for today, so here it is!

Woohoo, the money we were waiting for came (we were down to sausage and Brussels sprouts for lunch), and it is late, so we are going out to eat tonight. Probable Logan's Roadhouse, since I know they have fried mushrooms and good steaks and salads. Then we will go practically next door to Logan's and do some shopping at WalMart so we will have a little food in the house for tomorrow. :cool:
Wonderful, shop smart you too.
I have to that tomorrow after diaylisis have the kids coming for Sunday dinner and they want pot roast and it's hot YUk
kades

For us it's BLT"S with avocado, chips and mac salad.
no dessert i'm baking brownies for my nurses and freiends.
kades

I've been weeding and mulching the "field" garden. I am having a garden lettuce salad, hardboiled egg, radish, green onions, some baby swiss chard, grated cheese, green pepper, maybe add some diced apricots--dressed with EVOO and cider vinegar, S&P, and a glass of red--but not yet, it is still daylight and I still have weeds to pull...

We always eat late! :LOL: I'm making chicken fajitas and have some homemade pickled red onions in the fridge to serve with them. I should make some quickie Mexican rice, too.

Summer Squash Gratin, my Mother used to call it the Dog's Dinner.

Gratin makes it sound like it was more expensive and difficult to make. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

We always eat late! :LOL: I'm making chicken fajitas and have some homemade pickled red onions in the fridge to serve with them. I should make some quickie Mexican rice, too.
My family almost always ate late once I was a teenager (my dad owned his own store by then and would get home a little late), and James and I almost always eat late. I have often said that we should have been born in Spain, as I believe they eat rather late there as well. :LOL:

My family almost always ate late once I was a teenager (my dad owned his own store by then and would get home a little late), and James and I almost always eat late. I have often said that we should have been born in Spain, as I believe they eat rather late there as well. :LOL:
In the summer, we either eat early or late--depends on what's going on. The other day, we ate around 4; tonight I'll be eating after dark because I have "chores" to finish.

Apparently a lot of us are chicken! (close your ears, CWS).

Grilled oriental chicken breasts with mixed vegs.

I made Home Made Corn Tortillas for Tostadas and to dip in Home Made Fresh Salsa. This was I cut the Salt and Fat as much as I could with the other ingredients I have on hand. I also baked the first dessert of the year. I had a couple of mustgo Bananas so I made a Banana Nut Snack Cake.
View attachment 13870

View attachment 13871

Last edited:
We had some pan seared NY strips, pan mustard sauce/gravy, smashed red skin potatos, fresh green beans from the garden with some carrots and criminis!:yum:

Shell pasta with sauteed garlic, black olives, canned San Marzano tomatoes, tuna, herbs and spices. Green salad on the sides.

Leftover turkey from yesterday. :yum:

Planned on making Turkey Tetrazzini, but didn't get to it. Turkey, tomato & avocado sandwiches on whole wheat, & cucumber salad. Waterrmelon & blueberries for dessert.

Tonight I'm having a nice bowl of sweat running down my back for starters. Then, A-La "my feet hurt" and the main course is a big helping of waitstaff that cannot seem to do their jobs correctly haha. I wish I was not at work :)

Back
Top Bottom