Independence Day Eats! - July 4, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
What's on your menu today? So far, I know we're having pound cake with Cool Whip, strawberries and blueberries; Greek-style pasta salad; and a green salad. Not sure what the protein will be here at the in-laws.

How about you?

Attachments

• 1436031821932.jpg
    1436031821932.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 215
Our daughter, SIL and grandson came for a cookout. We had SIL's special burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, BBQ baked beans, several appetizers and individual chocolate cream pies SO made.

What's on your menu today? So far, I know we're having pound cake with Cool Whip, strawberries and blueberries; Greek-style pasta salad; and a green salad. Not sure what the protein will be here at the in-laws.

How about you?

I started this at the same time as Z ;)

We had grilled brats with the above. Yummy dinner.

I was invited to a friend's to catch up on life. We grilled salmon and asparagus. I had brought some baby potatoes that I dug this morning. She made a lovely salad and of course there was a lovely glass of wine to accompany it all. I passed on dessert.

We used the brand new, wood chip holder for smoking today. I guess burgers aren't the ideal food to try to smoke on the grill. The burgers were great, but no smoke flavour. I suspect they weren't on the grill long enough. We had Margaritas
fiesta.gif
with supper. There will be limoncello gelato for dessert, probably.

We went out to dinner at one of my favourite restaurants in town, Lorlelei's Bistro. I had the rib-eye with mashed potatoes and asparagus. My husband had the three beet salad and vegetable terrine.

There's the little marg guy, Taxy! It was DH's birthday. We went out with a bunch of friends to a restaurant that would not have been my choice, but the fried calamari was good. The margaritas were not.

Back
Top Bottom