International No Diet Day Dinner - 5/6/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The temperature is currently 59ºF and it's raining. Hungarian goulash soup and crusty bread for dinner tonight.

Lebanese (I think) grilled chicken with flatbreads and 3 different sauces, a tomato based sauce, a garlic based sauce, and a parsley/cilantro based sauce. The chicken got spatchcocked and had a marinade of coriander seed, a WHOLE bunch of garlic, turmeric, olive and grapeseed oils poured over and rubbed into, then covered and refrigerated since late yesterday afternoon. It's out of the Food and Wine mag May issue. Flat breads too

Attachments

• 2018-05-06 17.55.27.jpg
    2018-05-06 17.55.27.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 2018-05-06 17.56.08.jpg
    2018-05-06 17.56.08.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 149
I had a quick snack of pastrami dipped in spicy brown mustard...most likely got a good dose of dirt with it, too.

I took my MINI CooperS to an All British and European Car Day today. It used to be an all British car day, but they expanded it. It was still 80-percent British. Not many MINIs though. Lot's of MGs, Triumphs and Jaguars. I met the owner of a rare Land Rover, and told him I was certain that I photographed his Defender 110 and wrote and article about it. He had no idea what I was talking about. But, when I got home, I sent him a PDF or the Magazine article. He was thrilled.

Oh, this is about food, right? I stopped on the way home at Twin Peaks. Don't judge me -- the food, at least at the Frisco location, is pretty darned good. They have a good kitchen staff. Awesome, meaty nachos (my usual choice). But today, I went with the BLT with a side of fries. Nine bucks! It was as good as any BLT I've had anywhere. The fries were crisp outside, and tender inside, and seasoned with salt and black pepper. That's exactly how I make them at home.

So, tonight I'll be grazing on light snacks.

CD

Attachments

• BECarDay001small.jpg
    BECarDay001small.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
I had leftovers from yesterday's Cinco de Mayo feast - chile rellenos casserole and carne asada tacos. Tacos were very simply done - just corn tortillas (doubled) very lightly charred on the grill, the meat, chopped white onion, and cilantro.

I had a quick snack of pastrami dipped in spicy brown mustard...most likely got a good dose of dirt with it, too.
Careful of that dirt, PF. Mom always said that Grandma said you had to eat a bushel of dirt before you die. We don't need you keeling over anytime soon.

My hero went out and got us broasted chicken and jojo potatoes today. I've had a taste for that chicken for a while, but have been saving my chip for when I needed to use it. I cashed it in today. I've had a sore shoulder on and off; today it held my upper arm hostage. At least I cut up and steamed cauliflower as a food offering. :)

We had hot dogs with baked beans. Toppings were sauerkraut and something new to us. Nathan's Coney island chili hot dog topping - it was really good. Sorry no pictures.

nathans_topping-chili.jpg

I took my MINI CooperS to an All British and European Car Day today. It used to be an all British car day, but they expanded it. It was still 80-percent British. Not many MINIs though. Lot's of MGs, Triumphs and Jaguars. I met the owner of a rare Land Rover, and told him I was certain that I photographed his Defender 110 and wrote and article about it. He had no idea what I was talking about. But, when I got home, I sent him a PDF or the Magazine article. He was thrilled.

Oh, this is about food, right? I stopped on the way home at Twin Peaks. Don't judge me -- the food, at least at the Frisco location, is pretty darned good. They have a good kitchen staff. Awesome, meaty nachos (my usual choice). But today, I went with the BLT with a side of fries. Nine bucks! It was as good as any BLT I've had anywhere. The fries were crisp outside, and tender inside, and seasoned with salt and black pepper. That's exactly how I make them at home.

So, tonight I'll be grazing on light snacks.

CD

Since this is about food, where are the food pictures? :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom