Invention Test Thursday - 11/07/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
So, today I was sent home from work (along with everybody else), at 11am because of a burst water main that meant the college had no water or sewerage (hence a health and safety issue).

What to do with all this sudden spare time I thought? Why, an invention test of course! On Thursday there is little left in the cupboards as I do a weekly shop on Fridays, so I invented a dish from what I had to hand!

This is the half way stage. In the dish are a bottom layer of steamed sliced potatoes. On top of that is a layer of browned smoked bacon and browned slices of chicken. Over that is a layer of peas and broad beans.

Caramelised sliced onions will follow and the whole lot will be covered with another layer of steamed sliced potatoes and then a cheese sauce poured all over it. Oh and there are some oven-dried slices of tomato strewn about in there too (just an experiment really).

Attachments

• Katys Kobble.JPG
    Katys Kobble.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 163
It looks delcious right now.
So then what happens? Does the whole thing get tossed in the oven?

It looks delcious right now.
So then what happens? Does the whole thing get tossed in the oven?

Oops - forgot that part! :LOL: Yes it went into the oven and came out looking like this! I give you "Katy's Kobble" :chef:

Attachments

• Katy's Kobble.JPG
    Katy's Kobble.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 162
Very inventive and very pretty. I would gladly sit down to that dish. BTW, we call your broad beans, Lima Beans. :angel:

Hi Addie! So I just discovered when I mentioned it to my friend in Tucson! ;) See, you learn something new every day! :)

The good news is, it was jolly tasty (Ollie said so too). Of course he does tend to like everything I cook... he's no fool! ;):LOL:

Hi Addie! So I just discovered when I mentioned it to my friend in Tucson! ;) See, you learn something new every day! :)

The good news is, it was jolly tasty (Ollie said so too). Of course he does tend to like everything I cook... he's no fool! ;):LOL:

There is a saying for the wise. "Be good to the cook, it could be a danger to your health otherwise." Smart Ollie! :angel:

So Ollie said it was Jolly? ;)

It looks wonderful. Perfect browning. Just the dish for my weather today :yum:

by george she's got it,i really think she's got it!!looks and i'm sure tastes bloody delicious katers:yum:!!nice job officer,highly inventive:cool:!!

well,having retrieved my car from my son's house,i'm driving home & pondering my options for this evening's meal.vaguely thinking something "chickeny" i headed up the motorway to horwich.only 6 miles from chez harry & home of the huuuuuUUUUUUGE tesco.bigger,better & with a superior range than my local store.still thinking chicken i walks in.lordy lordy,there is katie price(jordan),launching her new fragrance.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news...dan___to_appear_at_Tesco_in_Horwich_tomorrow/
not only is said lady not my particular cup of tea,but she also caused me to rethink my dinner plans.chicken?"you've had enough of birds with plump breasts & moist thighs for one day 'arry m'lad",thunk i:ermm::ohmy::LOL:!!
knew i had cream,parmesan,garlic & parsley left from my seafood pasta the other day.smoked bacon in the freezer & some bronze die fusilli lunghi pasta in the cupboard.olive oil of course......need some mushrooms,that's all,mushrooms.found some nice,wild girolles & fresh shitake's on offer.£2/$3 a pack or 2 for £2/$3:ermm:....no brainer really..got both.so a dish was borne:fusilli lunghi with smoked bacon,girolles & shitake mushrooms in a garlic,cream & parmesan sauce.tesco have recipe card for a carbonara version but i couldn't be arsed with egg yokes etc & theirs only uses one type of mushroom..all washed down with cotes catalanes fruitier than carmen miranda's hat!i picked the little cakes up in marks & spencer's.baked on the premises...normandy apple tart,peach & creme anglais tart & pear & almond tart....only 99p/65 cents each...why bake your own?why?well for one thing,harry can't bake:rolleyes::LOL:!!had the normandy tart after my pasta dish..."gangster":yum:!!

Attachments

• FUSILLI LUNGHI & MIXED MUSHROOMS 001.JPG
    FUSILLI LUNGHI & MIXED MUSHROOMS 001.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 136
  • FUSILLI LUNGHI & MIXED MUSHROOMS 002.JPG
    FUSILLI LUNGHI & MIXED MUSHROOMS 002.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 137
  • FUSILLI LUNGHI & MIXED MUSHROOMS 003.JPG
    FUSILLI LUNGHI & MIXED MUSHROOMS 003.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 120
  • FUSILLI LUNGHI & MIXED MUSHROOMS 005.JPG
    FUSILLI LUNGHI & MIXED MUSHROOMS 005.JPG