"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-20-2006, 11:18 AM   #41
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Mark Webster
I really cannot stand to watch Iron Chef America. I am a huge fan of the original Iron Chef show. I have had the opportunity to work with several of the Chefs at James Beard Dinners and really had a great time working with Chef Morimoto (have a great photo of he and I). Rick Bayless is a true Master of Authentic Mexican cuisine and each year he close both of his restaurants down and takes his entire crew from dishwashers to managers down to Mexico to imerse themselves in the food and the culture.
I think that on the original series the creativity level is extremely high. Sorry Bobby Flay Fans, but Bobby's dishes always seem to be similar in flavor. His use of limes, avocados, corn and of course cilantro.
While I rarely agree with the judges decisions thats ok because I have not tasted the food. But I do know what flavors work and which ones don't.
Mark

Old 05-20-2006, 11:24 AM   #42
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Mark Webster
I just read Chef Jimmy's comments about Bobby Flay being such a hands on Chef. He may have been once, but after spending a couple of hours with him in Aspen, Colorado last year he told a group of us that unforatunately he has not been able to spend anytime in the kitchen the past two years due to a book signing tour and the opening of two new restaurants.
Mark