Is your dinner worth an Oscar? Sun. Feb. 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
This is like Super Bowl Sunday for me tonight with the Academy Awards!!

I look forward to them every year...the gowns, the stars, the winners, and watching the expressions of those who lost. lol

I made an Italian casserole early to stick in the oven later so I don't miss a thing.

What's on your plate tonight?

I plan on watching too, Kay! Will miss Joan Rivers' commentary though.

I was cleaning out one of my dry goods cabinets and found a package of low sodium Zatarain's Red Beans and Rice with an expiration date of 2011. I cooked it up anyway, and with a healthy dose of Frank's Red Hot Sauce, it tastes just fine. So that.

With being away for vacation, sub freezing temperatures and historic amounts of snow, I haven't grilled in a while. So I grilled up some hot Italian sausage patties for SO and a burger for me. The burger included onion, pickled jalapeño, genoa salami, provolone, tomato, bacon and mayonnaise. Of course, I had to have a beer to wash it down. Mmmmm, mmmmm, good!

I went to the store today to pick up a ham but Surprise!!! No hams. So I got some strip steaks and broiled them. Had corn pudding and salads to go with and will have German chocolate cake for dessert.

I grazed most of the afternoon, so for dinner tonight we kept it on the light side. I picked up some beautiful sushi-grade Ahi yesterday while out and about in St. Paul, so I made a Tuna Tataki Salad with Tamari and Citrus dressing. For dessert, we each had a sliver of leftover pumpkin cheesecake.

img_1410847_0_e8431184671d71098d851ef7c8c1ab8d.jpg

I grazed most of the afternoon, so for dinner tonight we kept it on the light side. I picked up some beautiful sushi-grade Ahi yesterday while out and about in St. Paul, so I made a Tuna Tataki Salad with Tamari and Citrus dressing. For dessert, we each had a sliver of leftover pumpkin cheesecake.

img_1410852_0_e8431184671d71098d851ef7c8c1ab8d.jpg

Nice looking tuna!

OMGosh, such wonderful looking dinners...! Nothing here anywhere near as good looking as what y'all have posted. Tuna melt sammies, recording the OSCARS, and an early bedtime, been a busy day with family. :ermm::LOL:

I cooked my first duck. I like duck, but I've never actually cooked one. I slow roasted it and glazed with a sauce of soy sauce, molasses, honey, OJ and sriracha. DH was convinced he would hate it, but he didn't. He'll eat anything with sriracha, lol.

Parboiled some potatoes and fried them in rendered duck fat, and thawed a last-of-the garden tian with eggplant, tomatoes, summer squash and garlic, baked with a little gorgonzola on top.

Dessert is a trifle made with some leftover spiced bundt cake made with honey and coffee, vanilla pudding and cream whipped with Trader Joe's cocoa mascarpone and a little kahlua.

I made a chicken pot pie with the leftover chicken from a couple of nights ago. The crust was packaged puff pastry. It was the first time I ever used it, and was it stretchy! Guessing there will be a learning curve for me to get it just right. :ermm:

Craig made a German skillet supper with brats, cabbage, apple, onion, bacon, beer. I made spaetzle tossed with browned butter/sage. No glitterati meal here, strictly peasant food tonight.

Last edited:
I agree, Kay! The first dress Gaga wore, with what looked like a cereal box on top along with the red dishwashing gloves, didn't look so good, but the second one was beautiful. And Julie Andrews was the icing on the cake.

Agreed! She looked stunning, and what a beautiful voice! :ohmy: I got a little teary eyed when Julie Andrews came on stage and they hugged.

I agree, Kay! The first dress Gaga wore, with what looked like a cereal box on top along with the red dishwashing gloves, didn't look so good, but the second one was beautiful. And Julie Andrews was the icing on the cake.

:LOL: How right you are with your description of the first outfit! Will anything ever look more ghastly though than the sliced meat outfit with matching hat from a while back?:wacko: I was proud of her how well she looked and acted last night. I think some of Tony Bennett's class has rubbed off on her since they made their new recording together..."Cheek to Cheek".

Agreed! She looked stunning, and what a beautiful voice! :ohmy: I got a little teary eyed when Julie Andrews came on stage and they hugged.

I got a bit teary too Cheryl. How tragic it is that Julie Andrews will never sing again. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom