Isn't Anyone Eating? Monday 5/22/2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why yes, I did eat. I got home kind of late, though. I threw a pork chop on the grill, and had an avocado drizzled with EVOO and a squeeze of lime. Now it's time for a cocktail on the deck before the sun sets.

I made some of my mom's egg and lemon soup and another batch of chicken empanadas from some frozen filling I had from the first batch I made a few weeks ago. I could get used to them.

We had not-so-tossed salads and then one of Himself's favorite bachelor meals: tuna rice casserole with mixed veggies. He likes his drier, I like mine moist. He usually has it without cheese, I like it topped with something cheddar-colby-esque. I end up mixing up a batch, dividing in half and moving mine to a different casserole dish, and adding more rice to his. Two happy tummies. :yum:

Attachments

• 20170522_212812.jpg
    20170522_212812.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 20170522_215629.jpg
    20170522_215629.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 119
We had ... glop? Shallots, an orange bell pepper, & cremini shrooms sauteed in olive oil with dried italian herb mix, a can of white beans, some grated asiago and some fresh mozzi pearls. See? Glop. This is the kind of supper that gets made when you have the phone in one ear while saying an occasional "Uh-huh," "Yep," "That's what I would've done" because a friend calls for a needed talk at supper cooking time.

LOL Heidi. :LOL: Sounds good, though.

Looks good, CG!

I had steak and eggs. Leftover grilled rib eye from yesterday, thinly sliced and gently warmed, with two fried eggs. Called it good, I was tired this evening.

Last edited:
Pirate cooked up some hamburger with onions and gravy over mashed potatoes. Tea for a drink. It has been a couple of weeks since I had a cup of coffee. I drink my tea black with about a half teaspoon of sugar. I weighed myself last night and have lost another five pounds. Due to no cream that I always put in my coffee along with the two teaspoons of sugar. That's one benefit I never considered when I went back to tea.

I made a second batch of Giuseppe's multi-meat bolognese from DDD, made a few changes from my original try, including adding a can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes. We haven't decided which way we like better yet. Served over fresh pasta.

Back
Top Bottom