ISO Christmas Breakfast ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds really interesting. I'm trying to picture what it would look like, but can't. Do you have a photo? Also, what causes the "waving" of it in the oven?

Kitchenelf's Roller Coaster sounds like a recipe I make called Dutch Babies. They turn out like a custardy sort of pancake that is spectacularly easy to prepare and very impressive when you first take it out of the oven (it falls as it cools). Here's a link to an image Google Image Result for http://rubydoor.org/PRB2005/images/DSCN0033.jpg

I serve it with maple syrup, breakfast sausages and fruit.

Lee

My own personal favourites that might do is to a traditional British dish, but get really good, possibly organic, ingredients. I would probably go sausage, black pudding, bacon, mushrooms, grilled tomato and fried or poached egg. You could also serve fried bread with it. By using the really good ingriedients the woow factor will be in the taste. It can also look fantastic, if you grill them, so you don't have oil all over the plate.

My own personal favourites that might do is to a traditional British dish, but get really good, possibly organic, ingredients. I would probably go sausage, black pudding, bacon, mushrooms, grilled tomato and fried or poached egg. You could also serve fried bread with it. By using the really good ingriedients the woow factor will be in the taste. It can also look fantastic, if you grill them, so you don't have oil all over the plate.

What is Black Pudding?

Different strokes for different folks.... :angel:
Well, since I don't eat ham and generally don't eat most pork products, that's a big YEAH. And coffee without toffee nut served cold with whip cream is something I'd never touch.....you can see why it would take money for me to try such a thing.

Miniman beats you in the gross department though. Black pudding. That's a bigger HAIL NO!!

Black pudding is a kind of sausage, the filling is a seasoned mix of pigs blood and flour. It is a matter of taste thing - I adore it, the rest of my family would not touch it with a bargepole.

I would love Eggs Benedict, but, to be honest, that would by way too "fancy" for these folks. To give you more of a hint of their tastes, they are definetely rednecks :rolleyes: lol...

Rednecks? heh-heh, I am south of the Mason Dixon line ya know;)
If I wanted to impress them, I'd start with bloody marys, (orange juice for the kids), some nice apple wood smoked bacon, sausage gravy and biscuits, eggs over easy, cheesy grits and a big pot of fresh brewed coffee.
Sounds redneck enough for me:LOL:

Rednecks? heh-heh, I am south of the Mason Dixon line ya know;)
If I wanted to impress them, I'd start with bloody marys, (orange juice for the kids), some nice apple wood smoked bacon, sausage gravy and biscuits, eggs over easy, cheesy grits and a big pot of fresh brewed coffee.
Sounds redneck enough for me:LOL:
That's my redneck type of breakfast. Well, the bloody mary part. :LOL: The rest is redneck too.

Easy & Quick
Roll sausage cut into patties..pan fried or oven fried
Frozen Sto-bought biscuits (if ya don't want to do scratch)
Scrambled Eggs
Grits or Hashbrowns
Coffee/Juice/Milk
Jellies/Jam/Marmalade​

I like the Blood Mary idea too!
I LOVE the red-eye gravy idea!!!!!!!!!!!!:wub: Yummmmy!!​

I love June's idea of red eye gravy but I generally make mine with Coke, and that always is a hit. Find coffee a bit too bitter and folks seem to love the Coke.

There is absolutely nothing more tasty than a frittata. Eggs, ham or bacon slices, cheese, diced tomato, spinach, red or green peppers, you can add almost anything and as little or as much as you want.

They are so simple to make and no one cannot love one. serve with English muffins or biscuits.

A Southern eggs Benedict might work. Take an English muffin, put on a sliced of ham, cover with a poached egg, and cover the thing with sausage gravy.

Toss on something red, like paprika or slivered pimentos, and serve with some taters fried with onions and green peppers.

Course no one will eat until New Year's Day, but that is a stick to your belly brreakfast.

I do the breakfast casserole as mention. I make one with veggies and one with just cheese, some sausage and assorted bagels/muffins.

We always have cinnamon danish on Christmas morning. I prepare the dough the day before (christmas eve is a big deal, a very big deal) and leave it in the fridge overnight. Sometime around 4am I'll pull it from the fridge so it proofs. By 7am I can put it in the oven. The cooking aroma wakes everyone up!

Serve it with shirred eggs, ham steaks and diced sauted sweet potatoes.

A Southern eggs Benedict might work. Take an English muffin, put on a sliced of ham, cover with a poached egg, and cover the thing with sausage gravy.

These sound so good - a must try, thanks Auntdot !

We have done a Christmas breakfast since for at least 20 years, we always have a scrambled egg cassserole.
Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.layer bottom of casserole dish with bread broken into pieces, mix eggs and add whatever you want to them (sausage, ham,peppers,cheese, onion) pour over bread and cook for about 30 minutes.

Last edited:
I've done this and it is wonderful. When I've done it, it's been prepared the night before, then baked in the morning.
This is our traditional breakfast every holiday. Our kids always ask, "Mom, are you making Goldenrod Eggs on Toast?" The answer is always, "Yes." I make it the night before too, just heat it up in the morning and make the toast. Easy.

Back
Top Bottom