ISO Thanksgiving Stuffing Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She is like me--generally we just cook. No real recipe to follow.

It would be something like this--
cut up the bagels and toast them slightly in the oven.
Place them in a big bowl. Add onion, celery, almond slivers, oranges, cranberries(or any other fruits you would like), sage, salt, pepper, maybe some garlic and chicken broth. Mix it up--and either stuff the turkey or place in a pan and bake it. You are going to get a lot of flavor from the bagels so you won't need a lot of seasoning.

TY, I'm definitely going to give it a try. :)

None of our family cares for stuffing, we always make a wild and white rice dish with fresh ground chicken or pork sausage. I do like the idea of bagel pieces though, that sounds interesting. We have a new husband coming for Thanksgiving this year, I hope he doesn't mind the lack of stuffing, poor man. We have a lot of other food though, I don't think he'll starve.

Yakuta,
I love bread stuffing so I either make or buy from a bakery at least four loaves of whole bread..Two white and Two multi grain or wheat..I then just cut it into bite sized pieces, let it dry a little and make my stuffing from there..I add at the very least 2 cubes of butter...kadesma
I just reread this thread and wondered is I'm the only one who adds a truckload of butter along side the broth, yeah! << You do too!;)

I just reread this thread and wondered is I'm the only one who adds a truckload of butter along side the broth, yeah! << You do too!;)
I sure do, I think I could put Paula Dean to shame when I make certain things..There is never too much garlic or butter:LOL: I never use to like stuffing or dressing til I found DC and one of the members said he made bread and used it to make stuffing...I tried it with his recipe which I've gone and lost, but I make bread and go from there. My whole family now loves stuffing and fights over the leftovers. Before no one would touch the stuff!
kadesma

This may be too late for Thanksgiving, but you can use it at Christmas:

POPCORN STUFFING FOR TURKEY
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 qts. dry bread crumbs[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup minced onions[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup celery[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 cup raisins[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/4 cup butter[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 cup popcorn/uncooked[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 tsp salt [/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 tsp pepper[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 tsp poultry seasoning[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 cup skim milk[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mix ingredients and stuff cavity of the bird until full. Place in roasting [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]pan on a rack in a pre-heated 325F oven. Turkey is done when [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]popcorn blows the door off the oven. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Happy Thanksgiving![/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom