ISO tub of edibles to snack on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like to have something in a large container around that I can just dig in to whenever hunger strikes. That is, I don't want to cook or prepare anything, I just want something from the store that I can have at a moment's notice. So far my options have been potato salad and apple sauce.

Any other good recommendations?

Cole Slaw, Salad, Cold Lo Mein Noodles w/ Sauce.

All would need to be refrigerated.

I like to have something in a large container around that I can just dig in to whenever hunger strikes. That is, I don't want to cook or prepare anything, I just want something from the store that I can have at a moment's notice. So far my options have been potato salad and apple sauce.

Watermelonman, you might want to buy some grapes (whichever variety you like) remove them from their stems and freeze them in zipperlock bags. Then you can pick a handful whenever hunger strikes. They're very refreshing this way and you won't have them spoil on you before they're all eaten. Have a handful of them with a nibble of cheese and you should satisfy your hunger pangs.

Oh, BTW, you can do the same thing with balls of watermelon. I'll bet you would know something about watermelon.:rolleyes:

You can get cut vegetables from the store's salad bar and keep them in the fridge with ranch or another dressing you like for dipping.

We keep cheese and crackers around and snack on those, along with tortilla chips and salsa; I make my own hummus, but you can buy that, and eat it with sliced baguette or pita chips. Then there's yogurt, cottage cheese and canned fruit in small containers. I also keep sliced deli turkey for sandwiches, but sometimes I just put some mustard on a slice, roll it up and eat it that way :) You can do the same with ham. HTH.

I tend to go for (when I am allowed) boxes of ready cooked wings or ribs - not nearly do healthy as some of the other suggestions.

You can buy all sorts of prepared stuff at the stores around here. I rarely have a full tub of macaroni salad make it all the way to dinner. And just hope I have some left over til the next day to snack on. I like cottage cheese and will often open up a container, grab a spoon and have a quick snack leaning against the sink :) A little cottage cheese seems to go a long way to fight off the need to eat something more substantial.
I always have cheddar cheese and Ritz on hand for a walk around snack, but that doesn't fit in with your tub idea.... How bout a blast from the past and some pudding? Heck, who says you need bread to eat egg salad? :) That's pretty good, too. That I do make, but I imagine you can buy it at the store in a tub.

trailmix, yogurt-covered fruit, almonds or cashews, dried fruit, sometimes i put cold pasta into my containers!
also, stuff like snack crackers, fruit snacks, fruit, plenty of items. i carry snacks with me & love stuff like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom