It’s National EGGO® Day, Sat. Oct. 20 2018, Whatcha Makin’ ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrimp and sausage paella, green salad on the side. Probably better described as paella inspired, as it's not very authentic. Much lighter and healthier than the paella we had in Spain.

Yum! I've spent a lot of time in Spain, and I love paella. I don't recall it being all that heavy. I've never actually made it at home, although I actually own a paella pan. When in Rome, as they say... or Barcelona, buy a paella pan you will never actually use.:ermm:. Go figure... something I decided I would make, "someday." :rolleyes:

CD

Oh, on topic. What were we talking about? :rolleyes::LOL:

No waffles here, just bacon, garlic and penne pasta. That, and some onions, fresh basil from the garden, S&P and the usual suspects.

I basically cooked the bacon and veg stuff in a skillet, added a small amount of butter and olive oil, and tossed the pasta in. The basil went in last -- just long enough to make it wilt.

CD

As Addie mentioned earlier in the thread, there is some sort of recognition for something or another each day, and they have calendars to the effect.

It's just for a bit of fun; as I read somewhere, "... celebrate every day ..."
Sounds good to me!

Some of these were created by advocacy and marketing groups, mostly in the '80s, apparently. But we seem to have Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith of Chicago to thank for most of them. She believes we should celebrate all the small moments in life.

https://www.npr.org/2017/04/19/5246...lic-day-who-is-making-up-these-weird-holidays

Last edited:
We went out to see "A Star is Born" at a dinner theater last night. Loved the movie. DH had fish and chips and I had fried shrimp and onion rings. Good stuff.

Not a big waffle fan, as I love more savory breakfasts/brunches..although, I do remember eating them as a kid..my mother usually kept them in the freezer for us..but when I got old enough to fry my own eggs, that was it for Eggo's..

I had no clue that National EGGO® Day was really a thing :LOL:

After our catastrophe of a meal out last night,
I'm making Meatball Parmesan with pasta.
Not sure which type I'll make, but let me tell you,
it will far surpass what we had last night!

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/friday-10-19-2018-whats-for-dinner-100938.html#post1568143

Whatchya makin' ?

003.jpg

004.jpg

All is right in the world now :LOL:
(I forgot to post pics)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom