Italian Festival in Hoboken, NJ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
The dates are September 7 through 10 down by Frank Sinatra Park, right on the Hudson River.

Lou and I went last year for the first time and had our fill of wonderful food, music and fireworks.
Quite a crowd, but it was a good time.

We're going to try to Saturday 9/8....anyone else going?

And while we're at it...I love love love street festivals. I love the food,especially. It's a quality of 'made from the heart' that simply cannot be duplicated.

Anyone going??

we go every year, on sundays (i work saturdays). the only bad part is the battle for parking.

the festa is fun. lotsa good food, and odd stuff to buy. i almost came home with a digeridoo last time. would have been fun to freak the neighbors out at 3am.

hope to make it again this year. thanks for the heads up vb.

ooooh,, too baad! I'm going to be in chicago that weekend!

Oct 21 is the weekend for the Jersey City Artists Studio Tour... if you're in the area, it's a great fest.... I do it every year with my friend who has an antiques and collectibles store on Jersey Ave.... she has an artist hang in her shop, and I do all the food for the celebration... live music and a great time. :D

ChefJune said:

Oct 21 is the weekend for the Jersey City Artists Studio Tour... if you're in the area, it's a great fest.... I do it every year with my friend who has an antiques and collectibles store on Jersey Ave.... she has an artist hang in her shop, and I do all the food for the celebration... live music and a great time. :D

That sounds wonderful, thanks!

buckytom said:
we go every year, on sundays (i work saturdays). the only bad part is the battle for parking.

the festa is fun. lotsa good food, and odd stuff to buy. i almost came home with a digeridoo last time. would have been fun to freak the neighbors out at 3am.

hope to make it again this year. thanks for the heads up vb.

okay, I'll bite...what's a digeridoo??:unsure:

buckytom said:
i almost came home with a digeridoo last time. would have been fun to freak the neighbors out at 3am.
Ummmm color me confused. Why would a digeridoo be at an Italian fest???

Vera, a digeridoo is an Aboriginal instument. Basically it is a long piece of wood that has been hollowed out by insects (termites I think). It makes a sound that is hard to decribe, but very cool sounding.

Here is a picture of Dr Didj playing his digeridoo. I took this photo a number of years ago.

GB said:
Vera, a digeridoo is an Aboriginal instument. Basically it is a long piece of wood that has been hollowed out by insects (termites I think). It makes a sound that is hard to decribe, but very cool sounding.

Here is a picture of Dr Didj playing his digeridoo. I took this photo a number of years ago.

Thank you for the link, I appreciate it. Like Bucky said, the vendors come from all over and sell all sorts of interesting stuff.

But the food, the food is fantastic!

GB said:
I wish I was in the area this weekend! I love festivals like that!!!
It's not till Sept. 7... and if you do decide to come, can you bring me a pizza from Pizzeria Regina??:ROFLMAO:

ChefJune said:
:D

You can get some great Italian food in Chicago, Chef June. Your hotel will probably have some free literature on restaurants. You could also ask your Bellman or a cab driver.

this year i hope to purchase uilleann pipes and a glockenspiel.

just kidding. like vb said to gb :) , they sell lots of stuff.

but yes, it's mostly about the food.

Back
Top Bottom