It'll be mac and cheese tonight for dinner 3/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Asked hubby what he felt like tonight for dinner and he gave the standard answer. "Whatever you want to make honey." Like that helps:ermm: ?

"What about mac and cheese with a special super salad", I asked.
His reply was, "You mean the kind of macaroni and cheese that has that crispy topping baked on top of it?" I said, "Yes honey." He said, "Oh boy, that'd be wonderful, sounds great babe." So, mac and cheese, baked from scratch with lots of cheese and a super salad of all things available, garlic bread and w/w. Oh wait, I'm not on the plane,:wacko: I meant to say white wine.:ROFLMAO:

Sounds like a very nice dinner.

David's coming over so I'm making him beef stroganoff. It's one of his favorites.

something soft and smooth. had to fetch daughter out of school this morning after a call from the school nurse. she likely has strep and we will go find out for sure in about an hour.

pdswife said:

David's coming over so I'm making him beef stroganoff. It's one of his favorites.
I remember not long ago I asked for recipes for beef stroganoff. Gad, we love the stuff. May just be my favorite thing to cook. So warm and fuzzy on a cold night.

pdswife said:

Pds,
isn't it wonderful when the kids come for dinner or lunch or just cookies and milk? Your dinner sound yummy..Ours is going to be simple.

kadesma:LOL:

We are just having simple tonight. Dh works til 8:( So he picked breaded chicken sandwiches, with some mayo-garlic aioli, lettuce, tomato and avocado, and potato salad..Don't know about dessert, can't seem to decide what to make.

kadesma

I had lamb, potatoes, mushrooms and spinach.

23maart.jpg

I have a pot roast cooking in the slow cooker. I'd put the meat, onions and seasoning in about 10am and put it on low. I like my meat tender and don't like it when the veggies are mushy so I usually always cook the meat 4 hours on low then add the veggies for another 4 on high. Well then I cleaned and cut up my carrots, celery and potatoes and put those in and went to crank up the heat on high and realized at somepoint the plug on the cooker wiggled its way out of the plug in. Anyway, I have no clue how long the meat had cooked for already as the broth was faintly warm. Oh well hopefully cranked up on high it'll get the meat tender enough by the time the veggies are tender. If not then I guess I'll be removing the veggies and letting the meat cook longer. Dinner that should of been at 6pm may turn into 8ish.

I was just thinking about that crock pot recipe earlier today! It's one of my favorites and I get cravings for it. Alix, if you need it again, let me know.

If I get around to it, we'll have parmesan breaded pork cutlets, creamed spinach and baked taters.

Going Italian tonight

Black risotto with cuttlefish
Braised rabbit with red and green peppers
Roasted asparagus with capers and eggs
Cannolis (supposing I get the recipe right--this one will be a first for me)

LEFSElover said:
I remember not long ago I asked for recipes for beef stroganoff. Gad, we love the stuff. May just be my favorite thing to cook. So warm and fuzzy on a cold night.

Did any one want the recipe I'm using tonight?
Simple and good.:):):)

Smiles, T

pdswife said:
Did any one want the recipe I'm using tonight?
Simple and good.:):):)

Smiles, T
Pds,
I'd love to have the recipe. I have'nt made stroganoff in years. My aunt use to make it for me and I love it..

kadesma:)

I pulled a bag of cooked ham & crowder peas out of the freezer, so we'll be having that and cornbread for supper. For those of you who are not familiar, think of ham & beans, but with a heartier, meatier legume.
Crowder peas are a field pea, in the same family as black-eyed peas (which I don't care for), but that's where the similarity ends. They taste more like meat than they do a black-eyed pea.
These crowders were from my garden, but if you'll check out the Bush's vegetables, you'll find not only crowder peas, but also cream peas and pink purple-hull peas, both of which are quite delicious in their own way.

Constance said:
I pulled a bag of cooked ham & crowder peas out of the freezer, so we'll be having that and cornbread for supper. For those of you who are not familiar, think of ham & beans, but with a heartier, meatier legume.
Crowder peas are a field pea, in the same family as black-eyed peas (which I don't care for), but that's where the similarity ends. They taste more like meat than they do a black-eyed pea.
These crowders were from my garden, but if you'll check out the Bush's vegetables, you'll find not only crowder peas, but also cream peas and pink purple-hull peas, both of which are quite delicious in their own way.
Emmm Connie that sound so good..I've heard of crowder peas, but never tried them..Will see if I can find some and then I'm gonna bug ya for a recipe:LOL:

kadesma:)

a mild fish like tilapia with a very small spinach/parmesan casserole. a bechemal combined w/ my spinach, garlic, minced onion, parmesan, bread crumbs- gotta look for some ingredients, what i have & work with that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom