It's 10/10/19 Pork Chop Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
For dinner tonight, I am cooking two boneless pork chops by sous vide. I'll sear them in cast iron. As sides we're having stuffing and sweet corn.

How are you celebrating pork Chop Thursday?

For dinner tonight, I am cooking two boneless pork chops by sous vide. I'll sear them in cast iron. As sides we're having stuffing and sweet corn.

How are you celebrating pork Chop Thursday?

Here's a photo to prove it actually happened.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5b21.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_5b21.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 130
Not pork chops.....
I made something we call Chicken Apollo. Years go we had a dish in a restaurant called that and we really liked it. I tried to reproduce it at home, and we liked mine as well or better. So it's become a standby.
Sauteed chicken breast, topped with sauteed mushrooms and shallots, fontina and provolone layed on a bed of sauteed spinach. Drizzle over the top with rosemary basalmic glaze and sprinkle with chiffonade of basil. The side was orzo cooked in chicken stock.

Attachments

• 20191010_190910.jpg
    20191010_190910.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 103
Our supper is still in the works, but no photo will be forthcoming. While we absolutely love the sheer comfort of "cheesy potato soup", it's not really photogenic. Basically very loose mashed potatoes ladled over chunks of cheese (today we'll have colby) topped with minced onion and drizzled with vinegar (I like apple cider), it's just what today's chilly weather needs - or at least what we need.

Time to test (and, hopefully, mash) the 'taters...

Pan-fried cod fillet, broccoli with butter and garlic, brown rice.
IMG_20191010_173240512.jpg
Dinner Ingredients Seered Cod Broccoli Rice.jpg
Haven't been posting in these threads lately but I should. Dining alone it's easy to devolve into eating protein from the skillet and salad over the sink, lettuce head in one hand and salad dressing bottle in the other. ;)

Pan-fried cod fillet, broccoli with butter and garlic, brown rice.
View attachment 36988
View attachment 36989
Haven't been posting in these threads lately but I should. Dining alone it's easy to devolve into eating protein from the skillet and salad over the sink, lettuce head in one hand and salad dressing bottle in the other. ;)

Now that looks good - the cod filet looks great - I can actually taste it !
GREAT DINNER.

Here's the photo of my completed 'killer chicken thighs'. which I had for dinner tonite - great - I really love the taste of this sauce !

Attachments

• IMG_8914 Super chicken thighs photo.jpg
    IMG_8914 Super chicken thighs photo.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 114
Not a picture worthy dish here tonight either, but it sure was good.

Although it's not soup weather, I did a killer Cream of Mushroom Soup made really special with lots of assorted mushrooms/white wine/leeks/fresh thyme/cooked wild rice. Better Than Bullion, mushroom flavor made the perfect base for everything.

Garlic toast on the side made a meatless meal for a change.

I made a country omelette with chives from the garden and feta cheese. We had whole grain sunflower seed and wheat toast with that.

Silversage, your dinner sounds great!

For us last night, kaesespatzele with home cured speck and a spinach, pear, red onion salad with vinaigrette.

Attachments

• 2019-10-10 19.18.36.jpg
    2019-10-10 19.18.36.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 101
Silversage, your dinner sounds great!

For us last night, kaesespatzele with home cured speck and a spinach, pear, red onion salad with vinaigrette.

Thank you. I love pears with spinach! Have you ever put the pears in a spiralizer? Kind of a PITA, but makes a cool presentation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom