It's Aloha Friday, 8/10/18, What'cha Makin' ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
004.jpg
[file photo]

I've got some b/s Chicken Thighs marinading in
Mr. Yoshida's
This is stuff is ONO (that's delicious in Hawaii btw)
I'll make a fresh pot of steamed White Rice (think Sushi Rice :yum:)
and I also have some large diced Hot House Cucumbers
sitting in some Noh Kim Chee Mix

I'll grill the Chicken later this afternoon,
that is if the Monsoon Rains don't come down from the heavens in buckets, along with some nice big bolts of Lightening!!! :ohmy:

Lobster ravioli. They went on sale for $6.99 each this morning so Craig went right before they opened as they sold out last weekend.

I'll be making tuscan butter chicken. A dish with pieces of chicken sautéed and cooked with basil, fresh baby spinach, tomatoes, parmiggiano reggiano and cream. ...and butter, of course.

Chicken wings, noodles and broccoli. Methods of cooking TBDL.

I may make another attempt at chicken wings, after throwing a package of them away last night. If so, I'll probably grill them.

CD

I think I'll make my Pineapple Salsa in honor of Aloha Friday, although I know Hawaii doesn't grow pineapple anymore it's still fitting.

I'll grill some sausages and serve them on toasted bolillo rolls with salsa topping. ONO

I think I'll make my Pineapple Salsa in honor of Aloha Friday, although I know Hawaii doesn't grow pineapple anymore it's still fitting.

I'll grill some sausages and serve them on toasted bolillo rolls with salsa topping. ONO

K-L, Dole still has a small amount of Pineapple on Oahu's central plains as we call them, aka Wahiawa to Waialua, you know that beautiful drive over that drop dead gorgeous hill, going towards Haleiwa on Kamehameha Highway.
When we went through there in May, there was even some Sugar Cane too.
Heh, the tourist still need their Pineapples to take home on the plane still yet, yeah? :LOL:
Hawaii Pineapples - Fresh Tropical Gold Pineapple shipping to your Oahu Waikiki Hotel or to the Mainland.
flower lei.jpg
[file photo-that's NOT me]

ALOHA!

Take out Chinese..I'm starting to walk after work. I live beside the fair grounds and it has a 1 mile track so I do it a couple of times when I get home..this is going to take up some of my usual meal preparation time so I will have to start planning and preparing meals that can fit into my new schedule..

Good for you Roch, on the walking. It's a commitment, for sure. I've promised myself to start taking walks in the morning, starting next month when it's getting cooler. I'm in a quiet little neighborhood on the edge of town and if I start out walking west, the view of the Sierra Nevadas is an added plus.

Today's dinner was a grilled ham and cheese on sourdough, and a fresh fruit bowl. :yum:

I'm enjoying the fruits of my labor. Steamed green beans, plum tomato salad with cottage cheese, cuke refrigerator pickles, and a couple slices of leftover pork tenderloin.

View attachment 30976
[file photo]

I've got some b/s Chicken Thighs marinading in
Mr. Yoshida's
This is stuff is ONO (that's delicious in Hawaii btw)
I'll make a fresh pot of steamed White Rice (think Sushi Rice :yum:)
and I also have some large diced Hot House Cucumbers
sitting in some Noh Kim Chee Mix

I'll grill the Chicken later this afternoon,
that is if the Monsoon Rains don't come down from the heavens in buckets, along with some nice big bolts of Lightening!!! :ohmy:

001.jpg

MOST ONO!
I had a small bit of my copycat Zippy's Mac Salad leftover,
so on the plate it went!
Even DH had a coupla bites, and approved! :ohmy:

Now ... the weather is holding, so we just might sit out back and make some s'mores in our fire pit for dessert later ... we'll see about that though ...

K-L, Dole still has a small amount of Pineapple on Oahu's central plains as we call them, aka Wahiawa to Waialua, you know that beautiful drive over that drop dead gorgeous hill, going towards Haleiwa on Kamehameha Highway.
When we went through there in May, there was even some Sugar Cane too.
Heh, the tourist still need their Pineapples to take home on the plane still yet, yeah? :LOL:
Hawaii Pineapples - Fresh Tropical Gold Pineapple shipping to your Oahu Waikiki Hotel or to the Mainland.
View attachment 30979
[file photo-that's NOT me]

ALOHA!

I miss spoke before as no doubt Hawaii still grows pineapple and sugar cane too but as you know, here's the sad part...:cry:
The passage of the plantation heyday has been slow but impactful. In 1980, Hawaii hosted 14 sugar and four pineapple plantations that farmed more than 300,000 acres. In 2017, these two crops account for less than 5,000 acres. Once the largest pineapple plantation in the world, the island of Lanai's former crop beds are now parched and deserted.

I used to walk a lot, Cheryl. At least a mile a day. Now with my crabby arthritic feet I'm grateful to be motoring around the house and running errands and not get a sore foot day. :( I sure miss it. Enjoy your nightly strolls, Roch, and I hope your weather cools down soon so you can get out too, Cheryl.

I'll be making tuscan butter chicken. A dish with pieces of chicken sautéed and cooked with basil, fresh baby spinach, tomatoes, parmiggiano reggiano and cream. ...and butter, of course.
That sounds so good, Andy. I've stocked up on chicken breasts since they were on special at $1.49. Did you use a specific recipe, or is it pretty much just as you listed above? Thanks in advance. :yum:

I said a farewell "Aloha" to cooking tonight. After GotGarlic had pointed out last night that I had six different items for supper, I declared today Cook's Night Off. :LOL: I picked up two personal size Uno deep dish pizzas at the store (on sale for $3.33 each) and popped them into the toaster oven. Cheese for me, pepperoni for Himself, and fresh fruit for whoever wanted it all evening.

Change of plans, sort of chef's salad using odds and ends from fridge and freezer. Ravioli tonight.

Ranch Chicken Wings, sesame noodles and steamed broccoli. Ken's blue cheese dressing to dip.

ranch_wings_081118_IMG_4706.jpg

Last edited:
I went to see the new Mission Impossible movie with friends at our restored Art Deco theater downtown (DH was out playing golf). They serve food there so I had a chicken salad plate with fresh fruit and a half carafe of Pinot Grigio. It was a fun evening.

Mom wanted some seafood for lunch so we stopped at a local seafood place (not Captain D's) and got some broiled shrimp and scallops. She had french fries and coleslaw, I had corn nuggets. We had 15 layer chocolate cake for dessert. Leftovers for supper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom