It's Aloha Friday 8/18/17 What Are You Having For Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
That's right, it's Aloha Friday, No work til Monday!
Today is a state holiday in Hawaii, they are celebrating
Statehood Day or Admissions Day, YAY!
So, in honor of my multi-cultural back ground,
I'm making a very popular and loved dish from back home ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnpfgZfjPws

Pork Guisantes or Pork & Peas
veru easy and delicious
Even my American-Italian husband lives this dish!

What are you having for dinner?

Just got back from grocery shopping. Bought a whole boneless rib-eye. Had the butcher slice some of it into really thin slices (think cheese steak sandwich) on the Hobart. These will be used for a couple "cheese steak" flat bread style, grilled pizzas. Had him cut 2 - 3" steaks for reverse sear on the Egg. The rest we will divide as we decide what to use it for. Maybe Palomilla steak.:yum:

Anyway we haven't decided.:(

We're going to our neighborhood Third Friday Cocktail Party tonight. I'm bringing spicy honey-garlic chicken skewers and a trifle with honey cake, vanilla Greek yogurt and berries.

combined the left over hot dogs and baked beans for a childhood fave... weenies and beans... :yum: that and mac salad made me feel 11 again... :rolleyes:

went through all the strawberries last night so... made a peach compote with a dollop of raspberry balsamic mixed in.. that will top a slice of angel food cake, along with whipped cream...

little work, good stuff... :)

Ross

We ended up having carbonara with guanciale. It was really good. Guanciale renders/cooks totally different from pancetta.

Attachments

• 2017-08-18 18.03.41.jpg
    2017-08-18 18.03.41.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 167
I'm using up the last of the ham. Had a ham and cheese omelette for breakfast, a grilled ham and cheese sandwich for lunch, and for supper, ham and cheese mashed potatoes.

Good thing I like ham.

That's right, it's Aloha Friday, No work til Monday!
Today is a state holiday in Hawaii, they are celebrating
Statehood Day or Admissions Day, YAY!
So, in honor of my multi-cultural back ground,
I'm making a very popular and loved dish from back home ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnpfgZfjPws

Pork Guisantes or Pork & Peas
veru easy and delicious
Even my American-Italian husband lives this dish!

What are you having for dinner?

Looks good. I also like Chef Keoni's Pantone chips t-shirt with the Muppets colors. :LOL:

We had frikadeller, potatoes, two kinds of pickled beets, rødkål, and Wermesgrüner beer. :yum:

dvX-f46tMDWpjEFNhZ9jkBr1aX4OFfoDffZIsy8JWMvaohSdrVUs-FrBc1DNObXNBgFOKgoEtAFZ_kYHwKjlLe1MFVCsoHcq3JVLEodhcPMRwaIrB28fIe--yjmu0UaXNf4sH-Ia2IQR5DWBYfeQgM7TpGXvGkvcvkFkCCRTwqL6GtrZ1_6Fzi2kYco6jggyF9JXJiRshZV2ndHth6RAbzcJuR5YjA2AYuUkzBAZRZeNYOvN3JOv7gC2D0ZmnU2n-EjcuQgAczUi6yGJdRj7kzF7v7LdeOMS-QOaHbgUV9fmhGGUZgtQEb3StikTxrATEybknD-5TwGDf9_xOEwzRt3HS1lakOSmH1vUNruYNJzustASGBIsmj1EXwFMH4L_FkhOMIA2Rz9hDdf2NcGMjicqIPeVd_eJz_nbJ94rwINJoJHd7yM1bShiKYna-g2yLsrPa1HLZOsvuDUD5lltefIe2xnik885SFYgATEAgcFYUus7kicbNbpbrW70S66WQKrANBsd_iuJmULbPCTwZZQZpdLYEO1U_eZGBXHTpOz7EWYi790Ia1EtyLEgWzvU5EVQ7DzvmVbtO5HdbExYDoh2ss3igHcmxS0cc3H8XlFdmefLO1uDuQ=w436-h581-no

We actually had Frosted Flakes cereal last night. Mom started out wanting a big bowl o it, so I fixed it for her. I was going to have leftover rib eye and a salad. She ate 2 spoon fulls of the cereal and decided she wasn't hungry - so guess who had leftover cereal instead?

Back
Top Bottom