Its October 1st! Are you making dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
amber said:
I let my sauce cook for a few hours too on the stove (dont have a slow-cooker). I'll put my recipe in the pasta forum for you. It's nothing special, I'm sure there are many other varieties out there that are better, but we like it.

thanks Amber, I'll put mine in there too. It's okay for me to post it as it is a recipe I found online, but then tweeked it to make it my own. Like 3 kinds of meats for instance. I'm smelling your dinner cooking and it's making me hungry, never mind I live far away. I see you're a Mainiac, I'm one of the fruits and nuts from Cali. Doesn't matter. :huh: The trade winds are blowing just right!:ROFLMAO:

SizzlininIN said:
I have some chicken breasts marinating in .......EVOO, Red Onion, Chopped Garlic, Kosher Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Dried Oregano, Cumin, Curry Powder, Mexene Chili Powder, Paprika, Cilantro, Fresh Lime and Lemon Juice and Orange Juice..........plus a bit of Tequilla. Its my take on Barefoot Contessa's Tequilla Lime Chicken. I'm going to grill it.

For the sides I'm making homemade seasoned fries that I'll bake. I'll season those up with some Kosher Salt, Freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder, Mexene Chili Powder and Paprika.

I also made a batch of homemade Black Bean Salad. Oh and Fresh Salsa I made yesterday...we'll have tortilla chips with that. And finally......lemonade to wash it down.

Sizz!!!!! You could have saved yourself a lot of typing and said "I'm marinating kitchen and the only thing not in it is the kitchen sink"!!!! :LOL: DANG that sounds like a GREAT recipe!!!!!!!

We had left-over ham sandwiches and I nibbled on some duck and goose liver pate all afternoon along with some left-over chicken salad.

Well - fall is in the air, & the price of cauliflower has dropped considerably. Market had HUGE snowy-white heads of it at bargain prices, so I picked one up & cooked half of it "al dente", & then tossed it with a sharp cheddar cheese sauce (just basic white sauce with lots of grated sharp cheddar melted into it).

Served it with a couple of boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded thin, dredged in seasoned flour, & sauteed in some extra-virgin olive oil.

LEFSElover said:
I can't believe the year is scooching by so quickly. :huh: Gosh as I recall, yesterday was Valentines Day.:wacko:

So tonight, my dinner plans are to eat something. I'd love SuzyQ's recipe for that apple dessert, hint hint. Just googled and found this one, so here's the link.
http://www.recipezaar.com/43115
Also, I'll just read what everyone is having and plan from their ideas. Well, update. Just watched Semi Homemade with Sandra Lee. She did a 5 hour brisket, Texas style, and for dessert she did a red velvet/cream cheese bar. It's time to go to the market and seek out the meat.

Happy Sunday to you.........
That is indeed the recipe for Virginia apple pudding. The only difference is that mine, which surely predates the one you found, called for cooked apple slices or canned. So since we were pressed for time, we thought we might as well try the canned. We bought a kind that has no sugar and we rinsed and patted dry the slices. Now, I would never buy canned for anything crucial, but they worked amazingly well for this last-minute very homey dessert. If it isn't as browned as you'd like, run it under the broiler for a minute or two after baking. Delicious warm with vanilla ice cream. Tonight a very early fall-like dinner: chicken with onion, every color bell pepper imaginable, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and oregano, and a touch of white wine. We're having it with buttermilk mashed potatoes and steamed green beans. And, of course, some heated up leftover apple pudding.

Last edited:
kitchenelf said:
Sizz!!!!! You could have saved yourself a lot of typing and said "I'm marinating kitchen and the only thing not in it is the kitchen sink"!!!! :LOL: DANG that sounds like a GREAT recipe!!!!!!!

We had left-over ham sandwiches and I nibbled on some duck and goose liver pate all afternoon along with some left-over chicken salad.

:LOL: come to think of it your probably right. It turned out wonderful! I'm on a kick right now with cravings for foods that have mexican flavors.........and no I'm not pregnant.......DH was neutered sometime ago.:angel: Believe me I'd be showing that doctor personally how to perform the procedure if it were to ever to turn out to be an oops!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom