I've got the ingredients, do you have a recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennifer75

Senior Cook
I was going to ask this in the "what's for dinner" thread, but figured that'd be a hijack of some sort.

So, new thread...and I'm sure a few of us will be able to benefit from it.

I've got boneless chicken leg meat thawing, and no idea what to make.

I've got a few key ingredients: sauce/base, rice, potatos, chick and beef gravy/broth.

I have no stove/oven right now. Everything I cook is either in an electric skillet, slow cooker, microwave or toaster oven. Or cold. ;)

Can you suggest a recipe based on this?

Boneless chicken thighs?

How about seasoning the chicken with paprika, thyme or poultry seasoning, salt and pepper (or whatever you have) and browning it in a bit of oil. Remove from pan and saute some thinly sliced onions with some diced potatoes. Put the chicken back in and pour some chicken stock in; cover and cook gently until done - maybe 20 minutes or so?

I guess I would do a take-off on Arroz Con Pollo, which you should be able to pull off just using your electric skillet, but you'd need some onion, maybe some canned tomato or tomato sauce to pull off a reasonable facsimile. Some spices like cumin, chili powder would be helpful too. There are a ton of Arroz Con Pollo recipes online, so you should be able to find something you could adapt.

Last edited:
Man, both sound deelish. I had rice last night, maybe I'll try the potato mix tonight. Thanks guys/gals!!!

By all means, if you have any more, keep them coming. I think this would be a great thread to reference when in the same situation as I am.

;)

but that doesn't answer your question, does it? ;o))

btw: rice can be cooked perfectly in the microwave... two parts water to one part rice, 10min full power and then another 10min at half power...
I always cook my rice that way...

with the chicken... cut it into cubs, brown in the skillet, add a bit of chicken brooth and cream ... you got cream?
and now I almost forget the seasoning.. season as you want.. salt, pepper, herbs, curry.. whatever you find ;o)
it gets much better if you add some onions and/or mushrooms...
and serve with the rice ;o)

but that doesn't answer your question, does it? ;o))

btw: rice can be cooked perfectly in the microwave... two parts water to one part rice, 10min full power and then another 10min at half power...
I always cook my rice that way...

That's 20 minutes! I'd rather skillet cook mine mine that way I can add yummies to it. I'm a "peeker".

Actually, you can just ask the Mods to move it there, they don't have to close it.

Also, this kind of chicken meat to me speaks of chicken catchatori. You can serve it over pasta if you make a lot of sauce or just as is out of the pan.

Back
Top Bottom