Jan 9th dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickell

Senior Cook
It is almost 11:00 central time and no posts of dinner tonight.

We will be having grilled chicken sandwiches, roasted potatoes and
probably califlower. I marinate the chicken breast in Frank's Hot
Sauce all day then grill coat with more sauce and melt swiss slices
over the chicken yummy. My husband loves them. The kids will
have their chicken marinated in italian dressing, not so much into the
hot sauce yet.

Yesterday I purchased my favorite frozen seafood mix (cuttlefish, squid, mussels, shrimp, octopus, plus a bit of surimi) & tonight's dinner will consist of that sauteed in a little extra-virgin olive oil (it's already cooked, so really just needs to be thawed/heated through) & added to some "Classico" jarred pasta sauce that I'll tweak with some extra garlic, Italian flat-leaf parsley, & burgundy wine. Will serve over Barilla spaghetti with a nice green salad on the side.

I'm going to saute some pounded chicken breasts, that I'll slice into three pieces each to serve, then make a sauce with creme fraiche and white wine, cook to let it thicken, then add some defrosted artichokes and some black olives and spoon this over the sliced chicken, some steamed white rice, a green salad and peas with pancetta, rolls..dessert??????

kadesma:)

My gd and gs will be here for dinner so I'm roasting a chicken and will have fresh green beans and the rest isn't decided on yet. I may let gs help with some cookies I didn't get baked for the holidays.

I started my day by preparing for diner. I already made schnitzel and rice. And I also made soup. Or rather, I hope I did. We had a rib eye roast the other day. So today, I put all the bones into crock pot, thru some veggies in and set it up on low. Hopefully we’ll have soup when wife and kids get home. I really did not have a recipe nor have I ever done soup in the crock pot before. So we’ll se what happens. I threw in pretty much whatever veggies I found in refrigerator. Actually, I was going to start a thread about that to ask your opinion, but I’ll wait till tomorrow.

Old fashioned, homestyle meatloaf with mashed potatoes and alfredo sauce on the potatoes instead of gravy (love 'em that way!), and roasted zucchini wedges.

rickell said:
It is almost 11:00 central time and no posts of dinner tonight.

We will be having grilled chicken sandwiches, roasted potatoes and
probably califlower. I marinate the chicken breast in Frank's Hot
Sauce all day then grill coat with more sauce and melt swiss slices
over the chicken yummy. My husband loves them. The kids will
have their chicken marinated in italian dressing, not so much into the
hot sauce yet.

My husband would love this! His two favorite foods are hot sauce and Swiss cheese. I may borrow the idea if you don't mind.

LEFSElover said:
is your recipe posted anywhere? for the meatloaf

No, it's not posted, it's so basic I didn't think to post it. It's just old fashioned, ground beef with breadcrumbs, chopped onions, chopped celery, salt, pepper, egg and ketchup and horseradish. That's all, but I'm a meatloaf lover, so it makes me happy.

Well since I am home alone and getting foods ready for the "family night" dinner tomorrow night I will just have to eat whatever. Maybe take out. Leaning towards Chinese.

Tonight I'll be pan-frying a tilapia fillet, lightly coated with Zatarain's Fish Fry coating (lightly spicy). I'll nuke some frozen broccoli/cauliflower florets (a frozen mixture, quite nice since those veggies aren't exactly in season right now) and have a slice (or two!) of garlic bread on the side.

Fraidy

Tonight it will be spaghetti with meat sauce (didn't feel up to making meatballs) cole slaw, green beans, and garlic bread.

Back
Top Bottom