January 9 dinner plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
This'll be dinner tonight.
Posted recipe in the chicken section.
It'll get served with basic steamed white rice and English peas and butter.
I have packets of chocolate mousse that may get my attention for dessert.
Costa Rican coffee for us after.
How bout you and your dinner plans?

Tacoes + regular fixings and Spanish rice, with a side of guacomole and salsa. I hope, I'll get home on time to make it.

We're making taco salads with leftover taco meat from Monday night. A side of Spanish rice sounds good - thanks for the idea, Charlie :)

I just took some pork chops out of the freezer. Not sure what I'll do with them yet.
My car is in 100 pieces all over the garage floor so... I'll have to make do with what I can find in the pantry.

MMM, lefse your chicken does sound good. Tomorrow is chicken night so I might try it.

I just took some pork chops out of the freezer. Not sure what I'll do with them yet.
My car is in 100 pieces all over the garage floor so... I'll have to make do with what I can find in the pantry.

If it helps any I am doing pork chops with mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes, corn, and leftover buns from last night. I am toying between hot apple crisp and ice cream or the Elvis' favourite poundcake (with drizzled berry sauce and whipped cream) for dessert. That is, if everyone is home tonight! :rolleyes:

I am just trying to imagine your car in 100 pieces! I hope you labeled them so you know where they go! :LOL: But I sympathize with you about car troubles. Ours has a headlight problem so all our travelling must be done before dark and nobody can seem to isolate the cause. I feel like a kid with a cerfew again!

Florentine chicken

Chicken breasts stuffed w spinach, ricotta, sauteed garlic, onions & mushrooms, sprinkled with buttered bread crumbs with a white wine sauce.

Oven baked tomatoes
drizzled w evoo, parsley garlic s&p & mozzarella.

Sour cream & parsley mashed potatoes

Steamed green beans w lemon juice & butter

Lemon Rosemary cake

Edited to add: Haven't made the Lemon-Rosemary cake before, but it's been on my list. There are two versions - I may play around & take the "best of" each & see what I come up with.

My Feasts: Lemon Rosemary Cake

Lemon-Rosemary Cake

Last edited:
watched this on the take home chef yesterday, he is soooo cute.
anyway, he did this with chix and prawns but could also do with pork.
mix together...
cumin/corriander/cardamom/gara masala/tumeric/chili powder and add whole fat yogurt/lemon [very little though so as not to cook the meat of choice] /salt and pepper, stir to make a basting medium. rinse and pat dry the chops and cover them in this mixture. put in frig covered to marinate a minimum of 4 hours up to 24 hours. Bake in 500º until the pork is done on thermometer and a bit black. I think Curtis called it tandoori style.
I just realized if you don't have these ingredients in your pantry, I've just not helped you at all. sorry............:huh:

MMM, lefse your chicken does sound good. Tomorrow is chicken night so I might try it.

If it helps any I am doing pork chops with mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes, corn, and leftover buns from last night. I am toying between hot apple crisp and ice cream or the Elvis' favourite poundcake (with drizzled berry sauce and whipped cream) for dessert. That is, if everyone is home tonight! :rolleyes:

I am just trying to imagine your car in 100 pieces! I hope you labeled them so you know where they go! :LOL: But I sympathize with you about car troubles. Ours has a headlight problem so all our travelling must be done before dark and nobody can seem to isolate the cause. I feel like a kid with a cerfew again!

lol.. I wouldn't even know how to take it apart. Poor hubby is in charge of car repairs.

I found a recipe on here for MELT IN YOUR MOUTH pork loin. I'll be using the chops instead. It's a muchroom/onion gravy type thing also.

smiles, T:chef:

Asian/Chinese-type marinated short ribs, udon noodles with asparagus, mushrooms, spring onions, sesame oil, etc., etc.

Pork chops, fried okra, cole slaw and real Southern cornbread
Baby green onions on the side and iced tea to wash it down.
ummmmm!

still dieting.

garlic shrimp, dressed up brown rice. some kind of green veg. from frezzer.

no dessert, have lost seven pounds since thanksgiving. no desserts for me or bed time snacks. have twenty pounds to go. had lost ten before thanksgiving. was taking morphine for fractured foot. great diet aid. lol

babe

We are having dinner at my father-in-laws...we are doing most of the dinner...grilled ribeyes, big salad - bibb, romaine, spinach, carrots, red peppers, onions, tomatoes with a mustard vinaigrette, fudge cake & a sugarfree - peanutbutter, cheesecake, chocolate & coconut parfait for my father-in-law (who's diabetic). I'm not sure what his wife is making?!

Back
Top Bottom