July 13, 2014....What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Just took some pulled pork out of the freezer. I'm thinking I'll make a soft shell taco with a whole wheat tortilla, and homemade salsa. Another 'no-cook' evening. :)

What's everyone else having? :chef:

beef stew with grocery store in-house made ww tortillas. This grocery makes 6000 tortillas a day:ohmy:, same number as the population of this town:)

I'm making dun dun (dan dan) noodles tonight with pork, mushrooms, sugar snap peas and scallions because those are the veggies I have.

I cheated (a bit) but added my own freshness/flavour.

I had prepacked mussels in a red pepper sauce. However, I started off with simmering some celery (and their leaves) in some asparagus stock (I had leftover) with a bunch of chopped flat leaf parsley. After they were suitably infused, I added the pack of mussels with their sauce and had it with a ciabatta roll (crusted up again by heating over a low grill). Very quick!

This week our Kroger grocery had big racks of pork ribs on special so how could I resist? I didn't and bought one of the smallest ones, which is still humongous. Glenn will cook those suckers on the grill outside and slather on some of our homemade barbecue sauce. I can almost taste them already.

We'll have cucumber salad made with cucumbers from our garden, along with a big bowl of mixed grape/cherry/pear tomatoes. I might take a container of baked beans out of the freezer but, since the ribs are so big and meaty, I probably shouldn't. I'll see how hungry Glenn is before I defrost them. Iced tea to wash it all down and homemade blueberry pie with whipped cream for dessert.

Yep, that should about do it on this hot, hot and humid Sunday in Kentucky.

I'm having Pho--- a Vietnam soup. I'd shopped at the Asian market and they sell all the stuff that goes into it, pre-packaged, PLUS a tub of the broth. I'm going to add more thinly sliced meat because they give a skimpy amount of the meat. Maybe add more of the cellophane noodles too.

I can hardly wait. :yum:

We decided to have an easy dinner night and make beef tacos. I'll do some shopping tomorrow and come up with something more interesting ;)

Papa Murphy's is doing the assembly, to which I'll add some pepperoni, black olives, and extra cheese. Love their Thin Crust Delite crust.

We are having grilled sockeye salmon with prosciutto-wrapped asparagus (also grilled), corn on the cob and salad.

Dessert is fresh fruit salad.

Anasazi beans and shredded beef in pressure cooker. Served with rice and salad.

Pozole Rojo de Puerco (no canned hominy)

img_1374731_0_4845de3897ca022a09f0cd0946cab283.jpg

Powerplantop, That looks way better than my posole. I've made it twice...once with canned hominy and once with dried. Both times...eh.

I pulled a sirloin steak out of the freezer yesterday thawed it in a red wine and herb marinade. They are skewered with mushrooms and onions and ready to grill.

I harvested a basketful of mustard greens, so we're trying a new potato salad with mustard. (We are brave. This is hard...it usually HAS to be the same potato salad we've made forever.)

Dessert will be sweetened fresh-picked huckleberries over vanilla Haagen-Dazs.

Looks wonderful, PPO! Is that pickled radish you've got garnishing the top?

We've been out of town for the last couple days, so tonight's dinner was a store bought rotisserie chicken we snagged on the way home.

Last edited:
We didn't get home from working our club's car show until 5:30. It's stinking hot here today and we were both tired and hot, so watched the news and snoozed in the air conditioning, DH is making his lunch for tomorrow and then we will have a snack, probably Hot dogs, or Smokies, there are some leftover baked beans too. That will do it for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Smoked St. Louis-style ribs, BBQ baked beans, cole slaw, and refrigerator pickles using cucumbers from the garden. For dessert, an icy fruit pop for me. Cherries for those who did not want an icy fruit pop. :yum:

Smoked St. Louis-style ribs, BBQ baked beans, cole slaw, and refrigerator pickles using cucumbers from the garden. For dessert, an icy fruit pop for me. Cherries for those who did not want an icy fruit pop. :yum:

These ribs?

Attachments

• 2014-07-13 19.41.36.jpg
    2014-07-13 19.41.36.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 158
Back
Top Bottom