July 4, 2019 - Independence Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I put a dry rub on a 10 pound boneless butt overnight, then skewered it on the rotisserie in the morning, with hickory chips in the smoke box. 7 hours later it hit 205F and had a beautiful bark.

I made potato salad, cucumber salad, and homemade baked beans, and people brought coleslaw, a fruit salad, and some appys.

For desert, I made one large cobbler with fresh cherries on one side and blueberries on the other. Homemade vanilla custard ice cream made it a red-white-blue dessert. The best piece of cobbler was the one in the middle where the cherries and blueberries met.

I have enough leftovers for a week.
I declare this the winning 4th of July dinner.. :yum:

Ross

Are you making them from dry beans or from canned pork and beans? I make these from pork and beans and to me, they're as good as the ones I get from the barbecue restaurant nearby. I make a half recipe for the two of us.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/easy-baked-beans-2302558

The recipe I have is from dry beans. I considered trying the sauce and adding canned beans but want less distractions when trying it for the first time. I have all the ingredients so I know I will make them before summer is over!

Back
Top Bottom