July Third Dinner!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We had leftover pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw and BBQ beans.

What did you folks have for dinner?

Burger King along the Ohio Turnpike. It was a choice between that and Sbarro, the pretend Italian place. Long drive to the in-laws in Michigan. Hopefully we'll have better food tomorrow.

Last edited:
Did "boil vegis" in the steamer. Then swapped to a steamer and cooked some shrimp, adding vinegar to the liquid. After the shrimp were done and ice bathed, I adjusted the seasoning to a Cajun taste and steamed some dungeness crab. Wonderful diner.:yum:

We got to babysit our baby grand-daughter all day. Then when the kids came to pick her up after work, we grilled burgers, packet potatoes, cowboy caviar, green salad and brownies with ice cream and berries for dessert. We get to drive out to the kids tomorrow for a small town July 4 parade and carnival after. I doubt we will stay late for fireworks.

We grilled some outstanding Rib Eye steaks and also had steamed artichokes with mayo, lemon and herb dipping sauce.
We have watermelon or strawberries for later.

We had a few pieces of Pizzeria Uno's left over, so that. Market Basket had heat-and-eat boxed Uno pizzas on sale, so I picked one up to make sure there was enough for two. I have NO idea how this thing was manufactured, but the cheese and sauce was on only one side of the dough. :huh: Methinks I'll be zipping an e-mail off to them to tell them quality control seems to be lacking some control.

We had a few pieces of Pizzeria Uno's left over, so that. Market Basket had heat-and-eat boxed Uno pizzas on sale, so I picked one up to make sure there was enough for two. I have NO idea how this thing was manufactured, but the cheese and sauce was on only one side of the dough. :huh: Methinks I'll be zipping an e-mail off to them to tell them quality control seems to be lacking some control.

That kind of thing just chaps my patootie CG!! It seems you can't buy a carefully made pizza (or sandwich) at any price, unless you make it yourself. Revolt I say! :angry:

Last edited:
Don't worry, Kayelle. By the time Uno's is done reading my email, along with looking at the photo, I'll have half ownership of the Uno's restaurant a couple of towns over! :LOL: Or at least $5.00 back to pay for the one I bought at the grocery store.

I had to revisit the spinach-strawberry salad I devised a few weeks ago. It is interesting 'cooking' against photos and scribbled notes! I think I got the steps and ingredients.

I love using the dark chocolate balsamic vinegar. It sure is good with the strawberries and spinach as the vinegar in the dressing. Also darned good on cantaloupe with a drizzle of the harissa EVOO and grind or two of black pepper.

Don't worry, Kayelle. By the time Uno's is done reading my email, along with looking at the photo, I'll have half ownership of the Uno's restaurant a couple of towns over! :LOL: Or at least $5.00 back to pay for the one I bought at the grocery store.

Or at the least, a handful of coupons for free boxed pizzas. :angel:

Went to a 4th of July party & made a side dish of Shrimp & Steak salad.

img_1428002_0_6af381752b37de1b75a50180b26b6628.jpg

Back
Top Bottom