June 16, Is Anyone Making Saturday Supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
It's been a really crumby day here in the desert,
our Monsoon Season is starting early it seems,
thunder, lightening, rain all day.
So I decided to break out some goodies that I hoard
from Hawaii (I brought back 50 pounds in a suitcase all sorts of delicacies)
It's my version of Won Ton Mein Soup

005.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

TJ's Pork&Veg Gyoza to stand in for the Won Ton I can't find here in cowboyville
with S&S Brand Saimin from Hawaii
chopped up CharSiu and Kamaboko also from Honolulu
oh, and some snipped nori for some greenery, I'm out of anything else

That is a very deceiving looking dish
it's seems like your not going to have enough to eat...
NO WAY!
We both waddled away from the table groaning, "I'm so full! But MAN! That was really good".

I brought back an extra suitcase chocked full of food as well as half of my another bag. At the time, DH was none too happy with me trying lug a 50 pound FULL of just food.
"What the he##? Why are we doing this? We are NOT doing this next time!!"
YEAH RIGHT!!
I do this every time we go to Hawaii and I freeze everything.
Now, DH, how was that Saturday Supper we brought back from Hawaii?
DH: Why don't we have this more often?
ME: HUH?
lol

Last edited:
We just finished dinner. The pineapple salsa I made for the swordfish last night was so good we ate it all, so I made a fresh batch for our pork chop dinner tonight. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to post my recipe for it.

I seasoned the pork and also the lemon orzo with Cavender's Greek seasoning, and we also had artichokes with mayo lemon Cavenders dipping sauce.

Yummm...:yum:

Attachments

• P6160062[1].jpg
    P6160062[1].jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 115
  • P6160064[1].jpg
    P6160064[1].jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 141
One of my favorites, as you probably know, a bagel burger tonight. Grilled chuck patty, white American cheese and a garlic bagel. No sides. That was enough for me.

CD

Do you ever have one of those dinner times where you stand with the fridge doors open, look at the fine array of raw foods, and ask yourself "what the heck am I making for supper?"? Tonight I had one of those nights. :LOL: I ended up plucking the chicken breasts I had moved to the fridge from the freezer two days ago, dragged out some tired mushrooms, and grabbed last week's purchase of escarole and today's two ear of corn. Splashed some dry sherry into the tarragon-seasoned chicken and mushrooms, along with a little bit of half-and-half. Sauteed the escarole with bacon and thinly sliced garlic. Nuked the corn and cut it off the cobs. Ta-da, dinner!

Attachments

• 20180616_233613.jpg
    20180616_233613.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 114
KGirl, Kayelle, CG, those meals look really yummers.

I'm on my own this weekend. The hubster went camping for the first time in his life, to a regional "Burn" (affiliated with Burning Man) called, "L'Osstidburn". Anyhoo, I got a migraine, so I had to go with something really easy for supper, like easier than answering the door and paying for delivery. :ermm:

I found a container of cooked brown, basmati rice in the fridge. So I put some in a bowl and nuked it at the same time as I nuked a package of Vegetable Tikka Masala - Tasty Bite. It was sooooo good and thankfully, very easy.

I made my most favourite galette - had the ingredients sitting in the fridge waiting for me for several days... asparagus, mascarpone, gruyere. Seems to get better every year. Very rich but I managed to scoff down about a third of it. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20180616_183434.jpg
    20180616_183434.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 20180616_184645.jpg
    20180616_184645.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 104
Dragon, that galette sounds great.

Craig made chicken marsala over pasta and I made green beans as a side for our dinner last night.

An early supper of Tostadas (or Dastards, as Google spell check calls them)..

Baked a brioche bread pudding for dessert..

Ross

Attachments

• Bread Pudding.jpg
    Bread Pudding.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 131
We just finished dinner. The pineapple salsa I made for the swordfish last night was so good we ate it all, so I made a fresh batch for our pork chop dinner tonight. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to post my recipe for it.

I seasoned the pork and also the lemon orzo with Cavender's Greek seasoning, and we also had artichokes with mayo lemon Cavenders dipping sauce.

Yummm...:yum:

Would love the salsa recipe Kay.

We tried a new Chinese place last night. I finally found a place that makes pretty decent food. Not as good as my favorite place that closed but close.

Dinner was a combo - pork egg foo young (the gravy was great), pork fried rice and egg roll. I also got wonton soup which I’m going to have for breakfast along with a coffee yogurt.

DH grilled pork chops and corn on the cob last night, finishing the chops with sweet cherry barbecue sauce I made and canned last summer. We also had some of the pasta salad I made for the party Friday night. I could only eat half of the pork - these were big chops! 2018-06-17-08-50-35.jpg

Spending time with my homegirls from way back in the 'hood at a gorgeous lakeside “cabin”.We had french onion soup, a lovely assortment of French cheeses, baguettes, and chocolate-covered salted caramels.

DH grilled pork chops and corn on the cob last night, finishing the chops with sweet cherry barbecue sauce I made and canned last summer. We also had some of the pasta salad I made for the party Friday night. I could only eat half of the pork - these were big chops! View attachment 30351

Oh my!!! GG! that almost looks as big as a pork loin roast I've got in a brine for the smoker! and it looks delish! hmmm 'sweet cherry barbecue sauce' sounds yummy.

Kayelle - thank you, sounds delish as well and now noted!

Dawg - French Onion Soup, one of my favourites! Lucky you!

Back
Top Bottom