"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 06-17-2014, 03:32 AM   #1
Assistant Cook
June 17, 2014 - Dinner

Today, I'm having a go at this:

Recipe: Tofu Chickpea Stir-Fry with Tahini Sauce — Recipes from The Kitchn | The Kitchn

Tofu and chick pea stir fry, with tahini sauce. I'd never thought of using tahini in Asian cooking before but sesame oil is used so often, I thought it could be a great idea!

I'm adding some asparagus to the stir fry, too.

Hotspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
Master Chef
If it doesn't get to hot (it's already 88F outside) in here it will be homemade pizza (Mama Mary crust topped with goodies). It only takes 3 - 5 minutes on a heated pizza stone at 550F. BUT that may be to long if it is to hot in here. If not pizza maybe a quick "breakfast" meal.

Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
Master Chef
I'm thinking of doing hamburgers on the grill. Not sure what we'll have with them. I have some potatoes that I could roast. I've not done them on the grill before but I might try it.
I could give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!
jabbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:46 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
It's pretty hot today and we're going to a concert tonight - Hall & Oates - so I'm making chicken salad and potato salad with vinaigrette dressing. DH likes a mayo dressing better, but I don't think we need two salads with mayo I'll make his later in the week.
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #5
Sous Chef
I have to do a Costco run so it will be something from their ready-made section. I have a request for the caprese salad from my daughter so it will involve that. Maybe one of their rotisserie chickens.

FYI, last time I went I found a package of their rotisserie chicken already shredded and off the bone. Great idea since I like to use shredded chicken in many of my recipes. D
Unfortunately I think they treat it with something, the texture was off and it tasted too salty. And it was kind of wet. I'll go back to shredding my own.
mmyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #6
Senior Cook
We were in a rush this morning so didn't get anything out to thaw. Will probably outdoor grill a couple of turkey burgers and make some home made sweet potato fries and a tossed baby kale salad.
chiklitmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #7
Certified Cake Maniac
Grilled smokies and salads here!
"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:54 PM   #8
Master Chef
Tonight it's shepards pie, coleslaw, sliced tomatoes and green onions from the garden.
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #9
Executive Chef
Pork and black olive stew with grits. The grits are close enough to polenta for a southerner to become Italian.
Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #10
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
Lasagna...homemade for once, not Stouffer's.

PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote