June 1st Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
What delectable delights have been designated for your degustation?

What magnificent munchies are being made for a memorable meal?

What glorious goodies are gearing up for your gobbling?

I'll be grilling some sausages, baking some potatoes and slicing up some cucumbers and tomatoes.

What delectable delights have been designated for your degustation?

What magnificent munchies are being made for a memorable meal?

What glorious goodies are gearing up for your gobbling?
Nuthin' like that around here. Burgers on the grill, Bush's Grillin' Beans with additional bacon, onion, and bell pepper. A side of tzatziki as well.

Stuffed bell peppers are on this afternoon's menu.

I picked up a couple of beautiful green bells at the farmers market over the weekend, and dug through the freezer this morning to see what I could use up. I found some vacuum sealed meatballs which I thawed and chopped up, a cup of frozen whole grain brown rice, chopped onions, and a cup of tomato sauce. Perfect! :) I have a surplus of cherry tomatoes that need to be used, so those are roasting right now to chop up and add to the mix.

A slice of garlic bread or two will do for a side.

Last edited:
I am completely out of potatoes. I am going shopping on the third, and the first thing I do after all the groceries have been put away, is put a large pot of taters on for tater salad. I love this dish, and sometime will make it in the middle of the winter. Finely diced celery and Valdalia onion along with mayo are my main ingredients. A tsp. of mixed Italian seasonings, freshly ground salt and pepper.

I always try to buy Maine or P.E.I. potatoes. They are not as fluffy as Idaho Russets. They just seem to hold together. And if I am feeling flush with money, I will buy Yukon Gold for the tater salad. For me, these are what I grew up with and when I moved out west, I could only find Russets. I noticed the difference in taste right away. Along with the texture.

So today my package from Jet. On the third of the month my potato salad. So much to look forward to this week. Grateful for small blessings. :angel:

I'm re-heating / pan frying some of yesterday's Crack Cabbage Burger Casserole for today's Taco filling. Some thin sliced cucumber for topping. I made Alton Brown's tempura dipping sauce to use to drizzle on top. I seem to can't not make tacos without adding a sauce. I added some chili flakes and a spoonful of Tiger Sauce to his recipe. I've made this before, it's good, but have never made tempura. :angel:

Soy Ginger Dipping Sauce Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network

Craig made baked chicken over tricolored new potatoes and carrots. Bok choy sauteed with onions for another side.

Shrimp Francese........

img_1468328_0_3c7cfabce372b778e2ed594efb7755a1.jpg

Still no grill, so it's broiled flat steak, fresh corn on the cob and a salad of some sort or another.
We had a late lunch after signing off on our contract to build our new home, 4 towns south of where we're staying temporarily. We met our new neighbor already today, as we walked our property. Nice man, Lou, from upstate New York somewhere, don't really know where... Lou's not exactly chatty.

Aunt Bea, do you have any Reddi-Wip to go on top?
:yum: MMM!

I was thinking about whipping a little cream but I couldn't bring myself to open a fresh pint of cream, it's terrible to be cheap! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Tonight I'm content with that odd perfumey taste of red jello!

If I find some nice strawberries at the farmers market tomorrow I'll crack open the cream! :yum:

I was thinking about whipping a little cream but I couldn't bring myself to open a fresh pint of cream, it's terrible to be cheap! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Tonight I'm content with that odd perfumey taste of red jello!

If I find some nice strawberries at the farmers market tomorrow I'll crack open the cream! :yum:

BAHAHA!
I have some GREEN jello in the cupboard, I'll need to break that out now! :)

img_1468351_0_aba798fefb77898a3c23f07d5d8e7f65.jpg

I did a low carb Chicken Enchilada casserole with thin sliced zucchini instead of tortillas. No, not as satisfying as tortillas, but not bad at all with all the flavors we love. Small spinach salads on the side.

In spite of you using zucchini, those look OK to me, Kayelle. I suppose one must sacrifice to lose weight. I don't have your resolve.

Joey, I sure hope you beat that mouse to your shrimp. He sure looks to be giving it the hungry eye.

Did an errand run today. On the way out, my plan was to turn the leftover steak into beef fajitas. By the time I was on my way back, I decided I could make it to our favorite little Thai restaurant before they closed. Tonight, chicken cashew and house fried rice. Tomorrow we'll "fajita".

We made a huge spread for the teachers last night - homemade pulled pork, coleslaw, baked beans, and watermelon, with cut veggies and three kinds of dip. I also made Kansas City-style barbecue sauce and Carolina barbecue sauce, plus strawberry shortcake made with angel food cake for dessert.

They loved it. There's just enough left for lunch for me today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom