Junior IronChef DC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have posted the pictures for my sister's cheese appetizer winning recipe and her chocolate mousse winning recipe. she beat my mom in dessert. the pictures are in member photos.

OK, I have a hard one for all you Jr Iron Chefs. How about bread? You can do dinner buns, cinnamon buns, bread, whatever. You have til the end of September to tell us what you did and how it worked out. Go!

Great idea Alix! Go for the challenge Bugs. You can do it! Justin makes an incredible pizza dough, (just so you can hold that thought)....hum, good catch. Huh? I'll tell Amanda and Justin to get going this week with a bread recipe.

Oops. We kind of forgot about this. I think I'm going to get Kate to make one of the Hot Roll mix breads I posted. We'll post results later.

Check out what happened in Vermont.

Kids worked with their food service directors and created dishes using local ingredients that are cost and nutrition worthy of school cafeterias. Why no let kids choose their school food?

Go to YouTube and search for "Junior Iron Chef"

Great info. Kids should get more credit when it comes to selecting their own food choices. My 14 year old is making homemade pizzas for lunch and chicken fried steaks, green beans, mashed potatoes and homemade biscuits for dinner. My 12 year old daughter makes some awsome sushi rolls. Once you teach kids to eat good foods, it will stay with them forever. No worries about them starving during those college years.

I used to do stuff like this when I was a kid, but we obviously didn't call it "Iron Chef" because such things did not yet exist. We just competed to see who could make the best end product based on what was already in the house.

I don't have kids yet, but when I do, I expect I'll have a lot of fun cooking with them.

Anyone interested in starting this back up?
I'll even supply a kid or 2 if anyone needs....
:)

Back
Top Bottom