Just wanted to say

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
It sure feels good to cook again. After being out of town for 2 weeks and not cooking, making my own food sure is nice.

This weekend I have cooked every meal. From Butter Beans to Steak to chipped beef gravy and pork loin tonight..

Overseas I wish I had access to a kitchen. I would have loved to have treated friends I made there with some home cooking..

Glad to see you back. Where were you overseas? I am sure there was a lot of new foods to try.

I was in Turkey. A musical group I play in was invited to play at an International festival.
Yes there were new foods to try. We were in Konya on the Anatolian plain. The foods there are good, but the flavor profiles seemed to be fairly narrow. Frankly the more tasty foods were from the little shops on the street rather than the bigger restaurants. We were treated to the best eateries in the area and while some of the food was fantastic, if I ever see another bowl of tomato, cucumber onion salad I will scream.. no dressing, maybe some lemon. It was served with EVERY meal except breakfast regardless of where we ate. You never got a salad with dressing of any type, seldom were salad greens even present.

Now some of the soups were fantastic. This one yogurt/lemon soup was outrageously good. It was great trying there local foods but after 10 days, I was ready for good ol' American food.

Oh, the exception was breakfast... spicy sausage, olives, breads, cheeses and fantastic fresh yogurt. The sour Cherry juice is also addictive as well as the tea and Turkish coffee(although you don't drink Turkish coffee for breakfast).

Back
Top Bottom