Ketchup's Bad Rap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya just gotta try my Mexican Volcano. Add one egg per pound of burger, along with 1/2 cup of crushed, spicy Doritoes. Add minced peppers (a variety of hot and bell), onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, chili pepper, and black pepper. Make it into the shape of a volcano with a crater on top. Bake on a jellyroll sheet until done (check with a meat thermometer). Finish by pouring salsa, or enchilada sauce in the crater, allowing it to drim down the sides in rivultes. Then put long-thin slizes of string cheese in the rivultes and place in the oven to melt the cheese, trying to duplicate the glow of lava. Remove from the oven, sop up all of the grease from the pan, and spread with refried beans. Dot with broccolie flowerettes to make trees in your landscape.

Oh, bake the volcano at 375'.

This one comes from my beef cookbook. But I didn't copy it verbatim. It's described much better in my cookbook.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

This is gonna sound dumb, but: What is a jelly roll sheet??

Other than that, I bet the kids would have fun helping to make and bake this one!

Ya just gotta try my Mexican Volcano. Add one egg per pound of burger, along with 1/2 cup of crushed, spicy Doritoes. Add minced peppers (a variety of hot and bell), onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, chili pepper, and black pepper. Make it into the shape of a volcano with a crater on top. Bake on a jellyroll sheet until done (check with a meat thermometer). Finish by pouring salsa, or enchilada sauce in the crater, allowing it to drim down the sides in rivultes. Then put long-thin slizes of string cheese in the rivultes and place in the oven to melt the cheese, trying to duplicate the glow of lava. Remove from the oven, sop up all of the grease from the pan, and spread with refried beans. Dot with broccolie flowerettes to make trees in your landscape.

Oh, bake the volcano at 375'.

This one comes from my beef cookbook. But I didn't copy it verbatim. It's described much better in my cookbook.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Holy Schnikies!

If I had kids, I would make that every weekend! I need to get my nephew up here, STAT!!!

I would have a hard time explaining to AF if she came home to me making one of those all on my lonesome.

There's nothing like dipping the corner of a grilled cheese and sliced dill pickle sangwich in ketchup and then taking a bite. Yum.

I love a good bull-logna story! :LOL:

While we may prefer mustard on our burgers and dogs here in TX - we go though our fair share of ketchup, too - on fried potatoes, onion rings, on scrambled eggs, chili (especially if it has beans in it), as the base for the picante sauce on meatloaf, used in BBQ sauces, making Sloppy Joe's without the caned sauce, the "sauce" on an English Muffin pizza, as part of the sauce for baked beans, it is an essential base for chili sauce, shrimp cocktail sauce, etc. (that's just the first few I thought of ...)

The "backlash" about Heinz ketchup had nothing to do with ketchup ... it was a political thing - Theresa Heinz Kerry wasn't too popular with either political party - but even less popular with those who were not members of her husband's political party. I don't think the overall sales of ketchup went down - just the Heinz brand.

And, yes, salsa has surpassed ketchup as the numero uno condiment ... several years ago ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom