Kiss the Cook 3/28/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Think I'll roast up some cauliflower and carrots, and maybe spelunk some type of meat. We'd go out, but DH is very interested in all the basketball games on TV, and doing taxes has me kinda burnt out.

What are you having?

Last edited:
I've got mushroom Swiss chicken in the oven. I have some green beans and corn ready to heat up in a few. Gonna skip the mashed taters we usually have with the chicken. Not up to making them tonight and we'll be going away for the weekend tomorrow afternoon.

I'll make up for the mashed potatoes you aren't making, Jabbur.
I'm having pan fried pork chops, frozen corn with butter and copious amounts of mashed potatoes with gravy.

I'll make up for the mashed potatoes you aren't making, Jabbur.
I'm having pan fried pork chops, frozen corn with butter and copious amounts of mashed potatoes with gravy.

Oh man, one of favorite meals pac. (Hmm, I wonder how long it would take to get to PA) Is the lake frozen over? I could drive across from Port Dover. LOL.

pacanis;1354421 I'm having pan fried pork chops said:
I hope you bought a family size pkg chops Pac. This is one of my premier favorite meals too. I especially like a fork with a little corn, potato and a little gravy in one bite.

I am having tired biscuits, from yesterday, which hopefully will brighten up under sausage gravy. Now I think I will make pan buttered corn too.

We're having pre-made Indian. We have decided on Paneer darbari (paneer cheese curry) and vegetable korma. I'll nuke some brown basmati rice to go with it and we'll try out the hot mango chutney I bought when I went shopping with dragnlaw.

Oh man, one of favorite meals pac. (Hmm, I wonder how long it would take to get to PA) Is the lake frozen over? I could drive across from Port Dover. LOL.

I saw a little blue when I was on the hill a couple days ago. You may have to get a running start on your snowmobile ;)

I hope you bought a family size pkg chops Pac. This is one of my premier favorite meals too. I especially like a fork with a little corn, potato and a little gravy in one bite.

I am having tired biscuits, from yesterday, which hopefully will brighten up under sausage gravy. Now I think I will make pan buttered corn too.

Actually, it is the family pack. A family pack of what they are now calling "porterhouse" porkchops :yum:
Corn away :punk:

Ended up cheating and picked up a pre-made Uno's pizza at the grocery store. Went in with a short list so I should have been quick. Nope! That's when I feel I have time to browse for items I normally don't use, or foods that are new to me. By the time I was done window shopping I figured tonight's dinner-to-be will have to wait. Flat pizza yesterday, deep-dish tonight! :LOL: At least we redeemed ourselves by having nice salads beforehand.

I have garlic and lemon chicken breasts baking in the oven. A nice big salad on the side, tatziki for the dressing. Carmel cookie crunch gelato topped ith Biscoff cookies crushed.

I went berserk at Trader Joe's yesterday, my daughter and I made the 3 hour round trip to go there yesterday. :)

So I ended up having a bowl of their creamy tomato soup with shredded smoked gouda, and some potstickers. Pretty yummy.

I had leftover chicken fajita filling from earlier this week, so I made rice and topped it with the chicken, peppers and onions and topped that with shredded extra-sharp cheddar and sour cream. Guacamole and tortilla chips on the side.

Couple of thin, pork loin chops, cubed and fried, set aside. 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, seasoned with salt, five-spice, and ginger while boiling, bias sliced carrot, celery, and sliced onion. Add sliced water chestnut, and bamboo shoots. Season with salt, ginger, and garlic. stir-fry it all until the veggies are crisp/tender.

Rice is done. Add the meat to the veggies and serve. Pork Stir fry with jasmine rice. That's what we had for supper.

Hint, use the 5-spice powder, and ginger sparingly. It will not be noticeable in the rice, but will enhance the natural rice fragrance. Couple that flavor with the salt and it becomes really great rice.:chef:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom