"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-28-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Think I'll roast up some cauliflower and carrots, and maybe spelunk some type of meat. We'd go out, but DH is very interested in all the basketball games on TV, and doing taxes has me kinda burnt out.

What are you having?

Old 03-28-2014, 06:58 PM   #2
Master Chef

I've got mushroom Swiss chicken in the oven. I have some green beans and corn ready to heat up in a few. Gonna skip the mashed taters we usually have with the chicken. Not up to making them tonight and we'll be going away for the weekend tomorrow afternoon.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

I'll make up for the mashed potatoes you aren't making, Jabbur.
I'm having pan fried pork chops, frozen corn with butter and copious amounts of mashed potatoes with gravy.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:19 PM   #4
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I'll make up for the mashed potatoes you aren't making, Jabbur.
I'm having pan fried pork chops, frozen corn with butter and copious amounts of mashed potatoes with gravy.
Oh man, one of favorite meals pac. (Hmm, I wonder how long it would take to get to PA) Is the lake frozen over? I could drive across from Port Dover. LOL.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #5
Executive Chef

[QUOTE=pacanis;1354421 I'm having pan fried pork chops, frozen corn with butter and copious amounts of mashed potatoes with gravy.[/QUOTE]

I hope you bought a family size pkg chops Pac. This is one of my premier favorite meals too. I especially like a fork with a little corn, potato and a little gravy in one bite.

I am having tired biscuits, from yesterday, which hopefully will brighten up under sausage gravy. Now I think I will make pan buttered corn too.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We're having pre-made Indian. We have decided on Paneer darbari (paneer cheese curry) and vegetable korma. I'll nuke some brown basmati rice to go with it and we'll try out the hot mango chutney I bought when I went shopping with dragnlaw.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_J_Dawg View Post
Oh man, one of favorite meals pac. (Hmm, I wonder how long it would take to get to PA) Is the lake frozen over? I could drive across from Port Dover. LOL.
I saw a little blue when I was on the hill a couple days ago. You may have to get a running start on your snowmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
I hope you bought a family size pkg chops Pac. This is one of my premier favorite meals too. I especially like a fork with a little corn, potato and a little gravy in one bite.

I am having tired biscuits, from yesterday, which hopefully will brighten up under sausage gravy. Now I think I will make pan buttered corn too.
Actually, it is the family pack. A family pack of what they are now calling "porterhouse" porkchops
Corn away
Old 03-28-2014, 11:00 PM   #8
Master Chef

Ended up cheating and picked up a pre-made Uno's pizza at the grocery store. Went in with a short list so I should have been quick. Nope! That's when I feel I have time to browse for items I normally don't use, or foods that are new to me. By the time I was done window shopping I figured tonight's dinner-to-be will have to wait. Flat pizza yesterday, deep-dish tonight! At least we redeemed ourselves by having nice salads beforehand.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:06 PM   #9
Certified Pretend Chef

Margherita pizza was on the menu tonight. It turned out really good.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:58 PM   #10
Sous Chef

I have garlic and lemon chicken breasts baking in the oven. A nice big salad on the side, tatziki for the dressing. Carmel cookie crunch gelato topped ith Biscoff cookies crushed.