"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-08-2016, 10:32 PM   #11
Master Chef

Looks good, GG.

Old 10-08-2016, 11:04 PM   #12
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
HA!
DH calls me GG, short for "Good Girl"
only `cuz I get real P.O.'d when he calls me that,
I'm not a dog, damn it!
(sit, down, stay, good girl )

Old 10-09-2016, 05:29 AM   #13
Sous Chef

We had pasta bolongese and wedding cake, sadly the wedding couple had to cancel, due private things, so I walked over with cake and dinner so they could eat alone.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:28 AM   #14
Executive Chef

We had the rest of our muffuletta and home fries. We should have played one of those lottery games as the only thing that happened to our place during Matthew, was our potted galangal got knocked over. Our neighbor, who stayed, said the wind never got above 40 mph with hardly any rain. I hope the folks north of us came through all right.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:45 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
We had the rest of our muffuletta and home fries. We should have played one of those lottery games as the only thing that happened to our place during Matthew, was our potted galangal got knocked over. Our neighbor, who stayed, said the wind never got above 40 mph with hardly any rain. I hope the folks north of us came through all right.
So glad everyone is fine and you had no damage! I think you did the right thing. You just never know what's going to happen till it's over.

My cousin who lives in Wilmington, NC, took her family to her parents' in Chapel Hill. She says they could have stayed home, but really - forecasts have improved a lot, but hurricanes can change course at any moment. I'm glad her kids got to see their grandparents
Old 10-10-2016, 03:31 AM   #16
Master Chef

Saturday, 10-8

Nice looking dinner, GG. I never think to put pot roast over noodles; I bet it's really good that way.

Craig, glad that your and medtran's home came through the storm OK. Our niece lives in the SW quadrant of Orlando and was posting updates on FB frequently since she was getting hit hard. Not as bad as in 2004, but enough rain and wind to make her and her two dogs uneasy.

Still with the headache. It wasn't gone until I got up on Sunday. But on Saturday, I just had to do one last run to the grocery store with an ad expiring at midnight. I picked up a take-and-bake sausage pizza. Added pepperoni to Himself's side, and used up the last of a block of mozzarella all around. Not bad for $6.99 plus my extras - and we had enough leftover for at least one person's worth of food for another meal.

Tags
menu