Knock knock. Who's there? Menu 10/8/16. Menu who?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
I mandolined these odd squash things, got the parm and moz grated, and the sauce heating. Sort of sounds like lasagna.

And you?

I've got pizza goin' on right now in damp, rainy, cold AZ.
I'm making 4 pies, two for tonight that we will share with
our upstairs neighbors, along with a coupla brews,
(maybe a small green side salad for the health conscious ;))
and the rest will go with us on the road.
YUP, we're hittin' the trails again in a few.

88F here at almost 4PM, so I'm going to build a nice cool salad with lots of crunchy veggies. Marie's ranch dressing and croutons to top.

Where are you headed to, kgirl?

Last edited:
We're inundated with heavy rain and thunderstorms tonight (thanks, Matthew!) so I felt the need for comfort food. Italian pot roast over egg noodles with a garden salad and lots of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese filled the bill. Oh, and ciabatta rolls on the side.

Attachments

• 1475975722097.jpg
    1475975722097.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 121
Just leftover tuna salad and a bit later about half of the guacamole. I have the fixins for beef stoganoff in the fridge waiting for me to make it but I wasn't in the mood for a heavy meal.

I should be ready tomorrow. The weather is finally turning cool. I will be ready for something hearty.

I was going to do something with hamburger tonight, but I got home from the store at 5pm completely exhausted from being out in the rain all day. So supper is a couple frozen fajitas (hot hot hot!), with a handful of Cheetos, some sliced BBQ pork, and a shortbread cookie.

I gotta cook that hamburger tomorrow morning if I don't want to lose it.

We had pasta bolongese and wedding cake, sadly the wedding couple had to cancel, due private things, so I walked over with cake and dinner so they could eat alone.

We had the rest of our muffuletta and home fries. We should have played one of those lottery games as the only thing that happened to our place during Matthew, was our potted galangal got knocked over. Our neighbor, who stayed, said the wind never got above 40 mph with hardly any rain. I hope the folks north of us came through all right.

We had the rest of our muffuletta and home fries. We should have played one of those lottery games as the only thing that happened to our place during Matthew, was our potted galangal got knocked over. Our neighbor, who stayed, said the wind never got above 40 mph with hardly any rain. I hope the folks north of us came through all right.

So glad everyone is fine and you had no damage! I think you did the right thing. You just never know what's going to happen till it's over.

My cousin who lives in Wilmington, NC, took her family to her parents' in Chapel Hill. She says they could have stayed home, but really - forecasts have improved a lot, but hurricanes can change course at any moment. I'm glad her kids got to see their grandparents ;)

Saturday, 10-8

Nice looking dinner, GG. I never think to put pot roast over noodles; I bet it's really good that way.

Craig, glad that your and medtran's home came through the storm OK. Our niece lives in the SW quadrant of Orlando and was posting updates on FB frequently since she was getting hit hard. Not as bad as in 2004, but enough rain and wind to make her and her two dogs uneasy.

Still with the headache. It wasn't gone until I got up on Sunday. But on Saturday, I just had to do one last run to the grocery store with an ad expiring at midnight. I picked up a take-and-bake sausage pizza. Added pepperoni to Himself's side, and used up the last of a block of mozzarella all around. Not bad for $6.99 plus my extras - and we had enough leftover for at least one person's worth of food for another meal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom