Last day of July dinner - 7/31/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Pork tenderloin on the charcoal Weber, and a variety of leftovers as sides. We've had some longtime friends stay with us for a few days, and we did a seafood extravaganza (fresh sword, lobster, and steamers). We're cleaning up the leftover potato salad, green salad, and cole slaw.

Taco Tuesday here. I had some leftover BB ribs, and used the meat to make some street-style tacos.

CD

I was ready to post my "Mutt's Day" thread but, as is my habit, I did a last check of the Today's Menu sub-forum. There you were, tenspeed. In spite of that, it's still "Mutt's Day". :LOL:

When I was a kid, we had a dog that would eat anything and everything. I guess she would have been happy with tonight's leftover grazing, which is what we're doing tonight. I may or may not get creative with the tuna salad, chicken salad, two last pieces of broasted chicken, and various veggies...

I dry-rubbed some b/s Chicken Thighs that will go on the gasser shortly, `cuz it's startin' to look like another bad Summer Monsoon Thunderstorm comin' this way …

I made up some coleslaw and baked beans this morning as the sides.
I'm still debating whether or not to also make a small pot of Corn Kernels with some Kerrygold Garlic & Herb butter... ssshhhh! DH loved the stuff e few nights ago … ;)

I was ready to post my "Mutt's Day" thread but, as is my habit, I did a last check of the Today's Menu sub-forum. There you were, tenspeed. In spite of that, it's still "Mutt's Day". :LOL:
Sorry. We have a "mutt". A purposeful mix of a Pomeranian and a Chihuahua, which is the cutest little 9 lb. dog you'll see. She was a gift from then boyfriend (now SIL) to daughter in college, so we ended up with the little critter. Little children run to her, as she is so cute, but as a little dog she is skittish with little kids. We have to be pretty careful.

I dry-rubbed some b/s Chicken Thighs that will go on the gasser shortly, `cuz it's startin' to look like another bad Summer Monsoon Thunderstorm comin' this way …

I made up some coleslaw and baked beans this morning as the sides.
I'm still debating whether or not to also make a small pot of Corn Kernels with some Kerrygold Garlic & Herb butter... ssshhhh! DH loved the stuff e few nights ago … ;)

001.jpg

002.jpg

Love this stuff!

It's National Avocado Day, so I'm making some Guac to to serve with the toaster oven beef Taquitos with cheese, along with really good Ceviche from the Mexican deli with chips.

Last edited:
I've never tried Kerrygold, or any other European butter. I've heard it is different, and good. I have also never made a compound butter. That looks good. I guess I need to pry open my wallet and buy some. :LOL:

CD

Casey, this was my first try of any sort of European butter and I would say that the flavor profile would be something like a salted butter; this particular one is like a compound butter, delish! I had it the other morning on a plain, fresh, toasted bagel, yum-o! :yum:

Even DH said, "MMM good corn. What did you different?" ;)
005.jpg

Carbonara with cukes and tomaters from the gardoon..Pasta was too salty..think I over did it with the Romano..

I've made that mistake before, although I don't know if it was the bacon I used or too much Parmigiano-Reggiano. It was saltier than I prefer.

CD

We are entertaining our grandson for a couple of days so dinner has to be fussy eater friendly. So Good guy Grampy grilled kielbasa on the grill, baked tater tots and cut up some veggies for him.

It's National Avocado Day, so I'm making some Guac to to serve with the toaster oven beef Taquitos with cheese, along with really good Ceviche from the Mexican deli with chips.

Easy peasy no sweat dinner turned out PDG... The Guac was better than usual with a carefully deveined and seeded chopped Serrano chili. I thought I could get by without wearing gloves but I was wrong. My hands are on fire.

Attachments

• P7310069[1].jpg
    P7310069[1].jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
I'm glad you mentioned avocado, Kayelle. That reminded me that I had one in the fruit drawer that I needed to use.

I ended up making each of us a bit of relish tray. Himself was on his own for the leftover choice, but I cut a slice of lavash bread in half for two small wraps. The tuna one had arugula, avocado, and sliced grape tomatoes, while the other one had baby lettuces with chicken salad.

Attachments

• 20180731_222151.jpg
    20180731_222151.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 111
I made chicken souvlaki and Greek Salad...though I put blue cheese dressing on my salad as I really don't like the Greek stuff.

Picked up some wonderfully fresh tomatoes @ the farmers market.. They cried out to be eaten with bacon and lettuce and mayo, lots of mayo so.. We had BLT's... Delicious..

Also picked up a carrot cake from another booth.. Good dessert.. :yum:

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom