Last day of summer - 9/21/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be making a crab cake recipe from Serious Eats. Going to try it this first time with surimi (krab).

I have some lo mein noodles so I'll make either a quick veggie lo mein or sesame noodles as a side and we'll have a salad to round out the meal.

Come talk to me about the last day of summer around January 1st. Tourist season is just beginning and will be in full swing by then.

It may be the last day of summer, but it’s also INTERNATIONAL PEPPERONI PIZZA DAY. Think I’ll order a small pie for dinner tonight from a local pizzeria. Pepperoni, mushrooms, garlic and black olives.

I have some not so fresh produce that needs to be used so I'll be putting together an Asian soup with a few frozen pork gyoza in a spicy seasoned chicken broth along with some bok choy/red bell pepper/napa cabbage/cilantro/sliced mushrooms/bean sprouts and a hand full of spinach. Sounds like a good plan to me. :chef:;)

Last edited:
I had big club sandwich and a side of fried okra for lunch at a cool old cafe in old historic downtown McKinney square, built around the original Collin County County Courthouse.

I'm still full, so I will be grazing tonight, probably on fruits and veggiesl

CD

I had a small piece of ham steak and 4 silver dollar pancakes (topped with butter & sugar free syrup).

I'll be making a crab cake recipe from Serious Eats. Going to try it this first time with surimi (krab).

I have some lo mein noodles so I'll make either a quick veggie lo mein or sesame noodles as a side and we'll have a salad to round out the meal.

I haven’t made crab cakes in quite a while. Primarily because SO can’t seem to find the taste she’s looking for and I hate making them because they’re so delicate and tend to fall apart. If you add more binders, the crab cake quality suffers.

So this effort with surimi was no different except I didn’t spend a ton on lump crab.

I have some not so fresh produce that needs to be used so I'll be putting together an Asian soup with a few frozen pork gyoza in a spicy seasoned chicken broth along with some bok choy/red bell pepper/napa cabbage/cilantro/sliced mushrooms/bean sprouts and a hand full of spinach. Sounds like a good plan to me. :chef:;)
Love these one pot wonders. :yum:

Attachments

• P9210006[1].jpg
    P9210006[1].jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
We had snow all day today on this balmy “last day of summer”. BAH! I therefore had a Blizzard for supper. Caramel skor brownie to be precise. Ken had toasted tomato sandwiches.

F

I haven’t made crab cakes in quite a while. Primarily because SO can’t seem to find the taste she’s looking for and I hate making them because they’re so delicate and tend to fall apart. If you add more binders, the crab cake quality suffers.

So this effort with surimi was no different except I didn’t spend a ton on lump crab.

Hi Andy - assuming the cake did not hold together? How was the flavor?

Back
Top Bottom