Originally Posted by amber
Looks delicious JerseyJay. Could you PM me with your leek and ricotta tart recipe please?
done... and for others who may be interested:
-pie dough (i use the premade pilsbury stuff)
- brown mustard
- 6 eggs
- milk (3 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped leek
- 2 tablespoons of ricotta
- fresh dill
- shredded cheddar cheese.
4 Non stick quiche tart pan. you can get a set of 6 at bed, bath and beyond for like $12.99
Bed Bath & Beyond Product
- fit pie dough into tart pan. cover with aluminum foil and fill with dry beans or baking weights.
- bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. rotate 180 degrees, and bake for an additional 5 minutes. remove foil/beans and bake for an additional 2 minutes. remove from oven, leaving the crust in the pan
- once cool, brush the bottom of each crust with the mustard
-beat the eggs, and whisk in the ricotta, milk and leaks. fill each tart about 4/5 of the way with the egg mixture
- top each tart generously with the shredded cheddar, and some fresh dill.
- bake @ 350 until the you see the egg become solid and form sort of a dome above the pan level (25-35 minutes)
- let cool for 10 minutes or until the egg settles back in to the pan line. then remove from the pan and serve on a plate.