Le menu for sick children

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomW

Senior Cook
My younger son has been home all week with a fever. He does not talk very much in general so it is sometimes difficult to figure out what foods to present when he does not feel well.

Mandarin oranges with water or Gatorade usually go over well, but today he must have tired of the oranges as he only nibbled on them for 'brunch'. For the lunch menu, from left to right, he was presented with the remaining Mandarin oranges, mac & cheese, Tostitoes & Lay's chips, and peanut butter saltines drizzled with clover honey.

Requesting salsa, he settled for the Tostitoes.

What do you feed sick children when all you want is for them to eat something?

Tom

Attachments

• HPIM1749WP.JPG
    HPIM1749WP.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 201
When my boy's were little, it was always ginger ale, toast lightly buttered, and saltines, thats about it. Rest and plenty of liquids is the key, or maybe some clear broth. Hope he feels better real soon.

Progress Baby Milk if it`s really bad, there`s also those nutriment drinks like a milk shake (body builders even drink them).

I would say though don`t let him exploit the situation (kids are good at that!).

but for now, give him whatever he likes, besides it`s Christmas soon :)

A week seems a while. Ironchef has got the right approach. If you've already seen the paediatrician, how about trying a banana milkshake with some real banana and full-fat vanilla ice-cream and milk? Maybe he'd like chocolate power in it too? If he hasn't eaten right for a week, he needs calories, big time.

we follow something called the brat diet. ('bug was raised exclusively on this diet...:cool: )

actually b.r.a.t. is an acronym for bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. easily digested foods.

heh heh heh, Bucky. And you were raised on the B.A.D.D. diet - beer and Ding Dongs.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread................

Back
Top Bottom