Lest We Forget Memorial Day Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I couldn't find today's menu. Not all of us are in the US and enjoying a long weekend. Today was leftover Molasses brined ribs with a maple syrup-garlic BBQ sauce, coleslaw (posted in the coleslaw thread) and a scoop of the homemade chocolate ice cream topped with whipped cream, lime zest, and some cocoa powder.

Attachments

• CWS_mem_day_2012 001.jpg
    CWS_mem_day_2012 001.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 159
  • CWS_mem_day_2012 002.jpg
    CWS_mem_day_2012 002.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 165
Yum, CW! Thanks for the reminder.

Had been thinking lasagna, it's in the oven. Pork sausage and overwintered fresh basil!

Dawgluver said:
Yum, CW! Thanks for the reminder.

Had been thinking lasagna, it's in the oven. Pork sausage and overwintered fresh basil!

My goodness Dawg, however do you "over winter" Basil? I have trouble keeping it alive Spring/summer:(

Going to a friends for bbq, will bring a spinach strawberry salad and a peach cobbler.
kades

We are having grilled skin on, bone in chicken done on the Weber. I am going to repurpose the rice pilaf from Saturday Into a cold rice salad with artichokes and we will have some corn on the cob to round out the meal. I'm thinking maybe rhubarb sauce over some pound cake (I think there is one in the freezer).

Somebunny said:
My goodness Dawg, however do you "over winter" Basil? I have trouble keeping it alive Spring/summer:(

Oh shoot. I was gonna take a picture. I dug it up in Fall, potted it up, and have been plucking occasional leaves until now, when the rest of it is in the lasagna. It got pretty leggy, and I kept picking off the flowers, but it can be done! I did the same with a parsley plant.

We're having surf & turf :) I have a beautiful porterhouse steak that DH and I will share, topped with chimichurri sauce, and I'm making shrimp ceviche. We'll also grill some corn on the cob and baby carrots and parsnips from the garden. Ice cream for dessert.

Put my ribs in the slow cooker with Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce, mustard, honey & garlic. The usual suspects for sides - corn, potato & macaroni salad. Cut up watermelon & fresh fruit (strawberries). Peanut Butter cup ice cream in the freezer.

No special meal plans, I'm covered in dust cleaning up the office. I need to get at least what used to be my corner cleaned up and let the guitars have the space.

Rolled a chicken in OO and cracked peppered, spitted and bbq'd. Coleslaw with home made dressing. Just now dining with Sadie, my red heeler. She's not much for the slaw but is carrying her freight with the chicken.

Today was our second voyage using our new gas grill. Last night's pork chops were definitely a winner.

Tonight we had, in the gentle words of my children, beer butt chicken. It was just about the best ever. The skin was bronze and crispy and the meat was juicy and fall-off-the-bone tender.

We had potato salad and iced tea along with and finished the chocolate cake for dessert. We really didn't need anything else since we could've eaten the whole chicken without any sides. Soooooo yummy!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom