Let's break bread, Fred! March 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My child and I ate spaghetti noodles with a little salt and a little butter :pig:

By the time I got home from shopping, I had run out of energy, so DH made supper. I sous chefed and chopped onions, garlic, and peppers (I'm much better at that than he is and I didn't have to think.)

DH made a dish inspired by a Philly cheese sub. It's fried ground beef, onions, garlic, and hot peppers and then covered in mozzarella. :yum: :chef:

We had some leftover salad and added some snow peas to it.

Tested out my new (bargain) computer crock-pot today. We had red wine-tomato roast beef, mashed potatoes, lima beans, and iced tea. Banana bundt cake for dessert.

Gotta say, the crock-pot exceeded my expectations. I'm a VERY happy camper.

I breaded a couple chicken breasts that were cut into strips. Baked those in the oven while I fried up some perogies with onions to have as a side dish.

Tested out my new (bargain) computer crock-pot today. We had red wine-tomato roast beef, mashed potatoes, lima beans, and iced tea. Banana bundt cake for dessert.

If you made all that in the new crock pot then I would think you would be a very very VERY happy camper... :ROFLMAO:

I changed my mind.. it's going to be sloppy joes
img_1125057_0_fa81ec0e59d00b058ccdc8dd7be869f9.jpg

I would not survive some days without mine, especially when I don't know what time Mark is getting home. I made sloppy joes in mine last night and kept it on low. It turned out great!

If you made all that in the new crock pot then I would think you would be a very very VERY happy camper... :ROFLMAO:

Okay, Smarty Pants. It's a case of "I shot an elephant in my pajamas." Yeah, why was the elephant in my pajamas?:LOL::LOL:

Then, I'd have to say the iced tea was the most challenging part, but these new computerized crock-pots are cooking wonders.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Okay, Smarty Pants. It's a case of "I shot an elephant in my pajamas." Yeah, why was the elephant in my pajamas?:LOL::LOL:

Then, I'd have to say the iced tea was the most challenging part, but these new computerized crock-pots are cooking wonders.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mwahaha

I would not survive some days without mine, especially when I don't know what time Mark is getting home. I made sloppy joes in mine last night and kept it on low. It turned out great!
From my catering days I have 3 crockpots - different ages and sizes. I got rid of a lot of my equipment but kept all three. The last one is a 6 quart one and I can put the crock in the oven and, with a wire rack provided, on the stove to sear meat, etc. It is too large for the two of us but I make big batch items to freeze. My favourite is my Mom's good old 3 quart and it is in use a lot all year round! The other is a five quart which is great as well.

From my catering days I have 3 crockpots - different ages and sizes. I got rid of a lot of my equipment but kept all three. The last one is a 6 quart one and I can put the crock in the oven and, with a wire rack provided, on the stove to sear meat, etc. It is too large for the two of us but I make big batch items to freeze. My favourite is my Mom's good old 3 quart and it is in use a lot all year round! The other is a five quart which is great as well.
Thank you for replying... it's nice to be acknowledged.

I have a small one. It's size is for appetizers (dips, sauces, etc), but it's the perfect size to keep supper warm when I don't know the time Mark is coming home. I have a 6-qt, too, and I could place that in the oven, even though I haven't done that yet. I use that one for roasts. I still have to get a corned beef roast and have been saying that since St. Patty's Day. There was some stuff in the freezer to use up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom