Let's cook 6/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm sitting here waiting for a new refrigerator to be delivered, and of course that brought to mind what's for dinner? Got any ideas for me? All I can think of right now is BLT's with avocado...and onion soup

kadesma:LOL:

That sounds pretty good Kadesma.
And a new refrigerator too!!

We are going to our last play of the season tonight. HELLO DOLLY.!!
It'll be left over bean soup for us.

I have bone-in chicken breast thawed for Kim to marinate and put on the grill. I also have a package of smoked sausage thawing to go in in with some Zatarain's Dirty Rice. I think I'll throw in a few frozen peas, to make it a meal.

supper

you must be excited, a new fridge will be great, I love new appliances big or small. What kind of fridge is it? It hot here so I am think of barq for supper,but must go out and get more propane if I want steaks bqded. I also have a lot of rhubarb in fridge and I am trying to get motivated to make some muffins today. :rolleyes: Leann

Oooh, lucky you lucky you, lucky you, a new fridge!! We want one too!! Well we WILL be getting one when we move to the new flat early next year... the one we have doesn't have a good air circulation and freeze everything that is on a back corner, ugh, and it is just not big enough!! (we keep it overstuffed all the time, that doesn't help the matter of circulation either!!)

Well today we will be getting home from the gym quite late, so something quick (but good!!), we are going to have some caprese salad (we just bought a good fresh batch of buffalo mozzarella!) and pasta with pesto, which we made Sunday!!

strawberryrecipes said:
you must be excited, a new fridge will be great, I love new appliances big or small. What kind of fridge is it? It hot here so I am think of barq for supper,but must go out and get more propane if I want steaks bqded. I also have a lot of rhubarb in fridge and I am trying to get motivated to make some muffins today. :rolleyes: Leann
Hi Strawberry, yes I'm excited I love new appliances. We bought this one through Sears. DH and I had seen it elsewhere,but, when we found out all that Sears was doing for any of their employees who were/are serving in Iran we decided to buy from them. Now that it's here I am emptying the old one and stocking the new..What fun and more room!! YIPPEE
kadesma:LOL:

sounds great kadesma, sears is a great place to shop,there very easy to deal with if theres a problem,I've shop there lots ,and my mom used to always shop from the catalogue for us kids,we all loved the Xmas sears catalogue,still do. Have fun,its like a new toy for us foodies. Leann

I was overdue to make a curry. I'm big on making big batches of stews and soups, then freezing, and hadn't done a curry in a long time. Chicken, cauliflower and potato.

Congratulations Kadesma on the new fridge! Tonight I am grilling chicken quarters (28 cents a lb - how could I not?) with some tortellini pasta salad I made with a pesto dressing.

Michelemarie said:
Congratulations Kadesma on the new fridge! Tonight I am grilling chicken quarters (28 cents a lb - how could I not?) with some tortellini pasta salad I made with a pesto dressing.
Thanks Michele,it seems just about everytime we have fried or grilled chicken I do a pesto tortellini salad. Do you add anything to your salad? We always add tomatoes either halved cherry tomatoes or if large ones I cut into bite sized pieces. Seems like tomatoes and basil were made for each other:LOL: Your dinner sounds wonderful..

kadesma:)

Tonight is going to be loaded potato skins with salsa or sour cream to dip in. I think I will also do a big caesar salad and to heck with garlic breath at the ball game tonight. These parents aren't all that chummy anyway.

Actually there won't be any real dinner at our house tonight. We took a tea party to a lady in our church who is 93 years old and not able to get out and about anymore. Because she has a nap in the early afternoon, we had it at 3 and that is too late to have another meal. We do have some roast chicken if dh wants some of that and some raw veggies. I think I will have some sugar free gelatin later.

kadesma said:
Thanks Michele,it seems just about everytime we have fried or grilled chicken I do a pesto tortellini salad. Do you add anything to your salad? We always add tomatoes either halved cherry tomatoes or if large ones I cut into bite sized pieces. Seems like tomatoes and basil were made for each other:LOL: Your dinner sounds wonderful..

kadesma:)

I usually stirfry some shrooms and steam some broccoli and snow peas. I usually add some grape tomatoes but didn't this time. YOu won't believe this, but I usually make my own dressing - this time I tried a bottled dressing that was on sale for $1 (can i tell you the brand without getting in trouble?) - italian basil pesto - I thought I would at least try it - can't taste the difference - so excited about my new shortcut. this will be a summer staple!

Michelemarie said:
I usually stirfry some shrooms and steam some broccoli and snow peas. I usually add some grape tomatoes but didn't this time. YOu won't believe this, but I usually make my own dressing - this time I tried a bottled dressing that was on sale for $1 (can i tell you the brand without getting in trouble?) - italian basil pesto - I thought I would at least try it - can't taste the difference - so excited about my new shortcut. this will be a summer staple!
Oh I believe you made your own dressing:) It's work tho..And finding one all ready done is great. I usually just by a frozen brand of pesto, unless my basil is up and big enough to make a nice batch. I like your additions will have to try ading some snow peas the kids and I love them mushrooms too..Thanks Michele:)

kadesma

Kadesma, we got ours from Sears also. It's the refrigerator of my dreams. I feel like this is my reward for all old leaky ones I had to defrost.
What kind did you get?

Constance said:
Kadesma, we got ours from Sears also. It's the refrigerator of my dreams. I feel like this is my reward for all old leaky ones I had to defrost.
What kind did you get?
Connie we got the Kenmore Elite.We were limited in size as the opening between the wall and counter are narrow..So, DH who does not cook nor do much in the kitchen except eat, decides he likes this one cause he doesn't have to bend to get ice!!! Yep now I bend to get the food out of the bottom..Freezer is on top...ARGHHH but that's fine, it's new and works, it's just that I should have insisted on the other one I saw..It was just the opposite..Oh well there is always next time:LOL:

kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom