Let's get creative with breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adillo303

Head Chef
If this is the wrong forum, please move me - AC

Let me start by saying that I am a morning person. I love early morning and a special breakfast on the weekend.

For months, if not years, I have been trying to contrive a special breakfast. I want to start out with a fresh fruit cup, could be freshly friuted uogurt, peach mango seems to be in there. For the main part, I am thinking smoked salmon. I already did eggs Benedict and I really envisoin using the salmon out of the package.

This is where I stop - any ideas?

Thank You

AC

Ok I love breakfast too but I love my eggs....

What about

1/2 grape fruit
glass of OJ
Toasted bagel with cream cheese and lox
bacon
scambled eggs

or what about

3 egg omlette with chives, smoked salmon

I personally like to make this thing that looks like a mess but here it goes.

bacon, sauages, mushrooms onions are satueed with some butter and frank hot suace. then set saide. some cheese (what ever I got) is place in the pan with some butter and carmalized then flipped. add the mixture set aside and make it into a well. crack and egg or 2 and cook sunny side up.

jeekz you gave me an idea.

what about this

like eggs benedict but better.

English muffin toasted and buttered.
topped with teh smoked salmon you want to use.
poached egg
covered in a lobster burre blanc (add the lobster meat in there, the claw is the best for it IMO)

OK - Well this is for Sunday AM, as I have to shop first. I don't have much, if any of all those ingredients. That is OK, I love the ideas.

Uncle Bob, I always have grits in the house. Eggs, toast with the laf of NYT that is home rising now and Grits for Saturday.

This can work.
Thank Y'all.
AC

Adillo303 said:
Uncle Bob, I always have grits in the house.

I knew I liked you!!!:LOL: Yeah buddy! Take a english muffin (or a big biscuit) A grit patty..(spread them on a platter in the fridge over night..cut a circle out the same size as the muffin) warmed in a little butter...poached eggs....Canadian bacon, sausage, ham, with one of 3 dozen sauces on top!! Endless ideas!
Muffin, grit patty, sausage patty poached egg, red beans, (as in red beans/rice) Louisiana Hot Sauce.... is one of many favorites!

Have Fun & Enjoy!!!!!

I knew I liked you!!!:LOL: Yeah buddy! Take a english muffin (or a big biscuit) A grit patty..(spread them on a platter in the fridge over night..cut a circle out the same size as the muffin) warmed in a little butter...poached eggs....Canadian bacon, sausage, ham, with one of 3 dozen sauces on top!! Endless ideas!
Muffin, grit patty, sausage patty poached egg, red beans, (as in red beans/rice) Louisiana Hot Sauce.... is one of many favorites!

Have Fun & Enjoy!!!!!

Oh my:ohmy: all I can say is whos coming over to cook me breakfast!!:LOL:
I have to make this for the hubby...all of his favorite breakfast foods in one:pig:

Oh my:ohmy: all I can say is whos coming over to cook me breakfast!!:LOL:
I have to make this for the hubby...all of his favorite breakfast foods in one:pig:

I wonder....:ermm: could we work in a slice of tomato...or a slice of fried green tomato...or a slice of fried eggplant in the equation? I think yes!!!

Think I will start eating breakfast twice a day!!! ;)

UB - My grits are ALWAYS old fashion grits. They sell a product up here called instant grits. Don't know what is in it, I give it a wide birth. Can't be right.

Mudbug has a great grits thread started.

AC

Adillo303 said:
UB - My grits are ALWAYS old fashion grits. They sell a product up here called instant grits. Don't know what is in it, I give it a wide birth. Can't be right.

You sir, are an Officer and Gentleman with much wisdom!!!!

Eggs Benedict over crab cakes
Asparagus with Hollandaise sauce on the side

My favorite breakfast.

Corned beef, diced potato, onion...OK corned beef hash. Pop on griddle or skillet and fry until it browns off. Crack a couple of eggs and stir into this along with some blue cheese. Serve with fresh diced tomatoes and green onion on top, rye toast on the side.....

It just doesn't get better than that!

I like to make stratas.....
For our last special breakfast I made one with thin sliced bagels (i know, hard to believe me, eating a bagel) swiss cheese, ham, a little crumbled bacon, and spinach. Made that the night before and soaked over night.
Then I get up early and start on caramel rolls while the strata bakes, that comes out and rests a bit while the rolls bake.
Then we don't eat for a few days.
:)
Yum... is there a holiday coming up yet? I need some alone time with my oven.

Suziquzie - A Bagel! I'm shocked. I guess you can take the girl out of New York , but, not the New York out of the girl. LOL.

Sounds delish. Thank You AC

Mudbug has a great grits thread started.

AC

Do you have a link or know what section that grits topic is in please?

(I'm getting hungry reading all these yummy ideas:))

Back
Top Bottom