Let's try something different 1-30-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Z...grilling those thighs would be my first choice too, but I'm not up in the cold north. :ermm::LOL:

If you want simple and tasty, you could just roast them since you'll already have the oven on for your twice baked potato. Season the thighs with salt and pepper, a little garlic powder and onion powder, or some lemon pepper. :yum:

Put them in a preheated 400 degree oven and roast for 45 minutes or so, depending upon how big and meaty they are. Baste with the hot pan juices a couple of times while roasting them. Easy peasy, and so good.

All right we're getting there.

I do have cream of mushroom soup. :)

So far dinner tonight is.
Twice baked taters with butter, S&P, Parm cheese and Chives.
Browned Chicken Thighs simmered in cream of mushroom sauce.

Anything else? :chef:

Welllllllll, I always have to have something green. (Mama said so).;)
A little salad works, if nothing else.

If you're going to go with the COM soup, try adding a tablespoon of Dijon mustard to it. Gives it a nice tang.

I almost always have salad fixings and frozen green beans on hand, so I would choose one of those.

Last edited:
Yes, Z, definitely something green. :) Do you have any green beans in your pantry?

------------------------
Tonight's dinner for me will be a loaded up salad again. I can't seem to get enough salads these days :yum: - plus, I have a ton of produce to use up.

If you have it in the house, dice a strip or two of bacon and brown it with the chicken.

Sort of an ends-and-pieces kind of meal for us tonight. We're going to have the rest of the grilled ham slice from last night, along with the last of the Gouda grits, a dab of cranberry sauce, and some buttered Brussels sprouts. Gets quite a few little containers out of the refrigerator so we can begin the week with a relatively clean slate.

Yes, Z, definitely something green. :) Do you have any green beans in your pantry?

------------------------
Tonight's dinner for me will be a loaded up salad again. I can't seem to get enough salads these days :yum: - plus, I have a ton of produce to use up.

If you have a can of peas, use the liquid for the COM soup and add the peas to the mixture.

I made some pork chops. Dipped in egg and battered with Shake N Bake and I seasoned it with salt, pepper, garlic salt, fresh garlic.

Then I made some mashed taters and some roasted veggies to go with it.

.....Tonight's dinner for me will be a loaded up salad again. I can't seem to get enough salads these days :yum: - plus, I have a ton of produce to use up.

YUM! Carrots, celery, tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, hard cooked egg, beets, and somewhere under there is a pile of red leaf lettuce and iceberg. Croutons and ranch to top. Bigger than it looks in the pic - I could barely finish it all. :ermm::LOL: Sliced mango on the side.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 131
I'll take your word on the lettuce, Cheryl. :LOL:

I ended up making the soup. The recipe needs a little work. I'm not much of a rosemary fan, finding it useful in just a few recipes. I thought it really didn't work here. Next time I'll sub basil and oregano, and probably switch out granulated garlic for the fresh. I suppose remembering the grated cheese would have helped, too.
facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

Attachments

• 2016-01-30 20.46.58.jpg
    2016-01-30 20.46.58.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 129
We had a take-off of Publix's currently featured Apron Meal. They used frozen breaded shrimp baked in the oven. I used some Key West WC shrimp we ran across yesterday, S and P, and sauteed in just a bit of oil until just slightly underdone. The Publix sauce had OJ, orange marmalade, rice wine vinegar, soy, ginger, sriracha, and green onions cooked together for a bit, then tossed with shrimp. I added some garlic that I sauteed for a bit in the pan after I took the shrimp out, then added the rest of sauce ingredients and cooked. I added a bit of sesame oil as well and doubled the sriracha, although I personally regretted doing that, a bit spicy for me. Served over jasmine or basmati rice. We had a side of snow pea pods, onion, and baby corn.

It was pretty good, maybe not a make again though as we both agreed we like the red pepper jelly similar recipe we have better.

Back
Top Bottom