Let's try something different 1-30-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagut

Head Chef
Rather then post what I've made or am thinking of making, How bout you good folks tell me what I should /could make for dinner?

I've got frozen meats and different veggies canned and frozen.

What I lack is ideas. :(

Recipe's would be wonderful and I promise not to deviate too much. ;)

I'll do the best I can to stay in touch with this thread so we can figure out what my tummy and taste buds get tonight. :yum:

Gah, coming up with meal ideas is half the battle/fun.

Well, I haven't made this but I think it would be good-- jalapeno Twice baked potatoes. Chop up a pepper(s), add some cheese, sour cream and Bacon, like usual. Stuff 'em and cuff em.

I am hungry for except I don't have any, so you have instead:

Scalloped potatoes, Pork chops, brussel sprouts. I had sprouts at Christmas and thanksgiving, and haven't made any all winter, that I remember.

I would like some teriyaki chicken, either whole pieces or skewers, grilled or baked, lemon garlic broccoli and rice.

Hope you like one of these ideas.

I made Pace Picante chicken chili last night. We'll be eating off it for some time, but it's always good. Freezes well too.

How about opening the freezer door and cooking whatever falls out and lands on your foot, it usually works for me! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Tonight I'm having oven fried chicken drumsticks and the last of the salad vegetables, grocery shopping tomorrow!

Thanks Kayelle for that wonderful suggestion.
But I pulled some chicken out of the freezer so it's chicken tonight. ;)

Should have pulled out pork instead. :bangin:

Wiskadoodle, figuring out what to fix is 1/2 the battle and I'm lazy tonight after dealing with the snow so that's why I'm counting on all you good folks. :rolleyes:

I've only got one tater so twice baked is the way to go for that one. :yum:

Dawgluver, I'm a big fan of Pace Picante (Hot) so I'd love to hear that recipe.

How about opening the freezer door and cooking whatever falls out and lands on your foot, it usually works for me! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I would but since I've kept my fridge supplies low until I can get the new fridge upstairs not much is falling out.
:LOL:

Here ya go, Zagut. It's in DH's own handwriting, he got it when visiting friends in MT. Obviously well-beloved. Click to enlarge.

ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1454184731.473113.jpgImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1454184752.573584.jpg

Last edited:
Dinner makes its own decision today. Ten Speed will relate. Temp is in the 40's and feels 50ish. First time it has been this warm since mid December. Grilling Outside. Burgers tonight, probably a can of spiffed up baked beans to go with and cole slaw. Simply, life is good.

Dinner makes its own decision today. Ten Speed will relate. Temp is in the 40's and feels 50ish. First time it has been this warm since mid December. Grilling Outside. Burgers tonight, probably a can of spiffed up baked beans to go with and cole slaw. Simply, life is good.
I'm getting too predictable. Yes, I will be firing up the grill. Salmon steaks with a dijon mustard and bread crumb coating. Baked potatoes and broc. 40 and sunny right now. Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer - pushing 50.

:LOL: Love that picture Dawg!! That's the best kind of recipe! It reminds me of my favorite website for browsing....
RecipeCurio.comVintage Recipes | RecipeCurio.com

:LOL: Kay! Yes, it predates the internet, at least for us! I still have paper copies of some of my favorite recipes, and you wouldn't want to see some of my cookbooks... Great website, BTW!

Zagut, I used frozen corn, and extremely mild jalapeno peppers. You can use whatever you have on hand.

Okay. I'm going to twice bake my tater but what to do with the 2 chicken thighs that are defrosting?

Dawg I love the recipe ( Stains make it authentic and good) but chili doesn't seem right tonight.

Zagut, if a pork tenderloin crawls out of the freezer sometime, you might want to give one of these two recipes a whirl. I'll be trying one of them tonight, then the other on Monday. Will be sure to report back on each of them as we sample and review. ;)

Pork, Beans, and Escarole Soup

Pork with Chunky Applesauce

What a sweet website! No thanks to you, though, since it just gave me a new rabbit hole to disappear into when I'm supposed to be doing "real" stuff around the house. :glare: :LOL:

Yes Tenspeed I can get to the grill.

It's a matter of wanting to brave the cold to fire it up. :(

Convince me it's worth the effort.
Yes the added heat would be nice but I want that on the inside. :LOL:

Thanks again for another great recipe Kayelle. :yum:

But the twice baked Taters are set in stone now.

Taters. Salt Pepper, Butter and Parm Cheese. Maybe even a hint of chives. :chef:

Oh My those look good CG. :yum:

But chicken thighs climbed out of the freezer so they'll have to wait.

I've got the taters down.

What am I going to do with the chicken thighs? :rolleyes:

And should I add something green? :ermm:

Thanks all so far.

You've made me want to cook again. ;)

Browning the thighs is a nice option Kayelle. :yum:

I have the wine but no mushrooms. :(

I like simple but am wanting to find a recipe that hits my desire at the moment.

Might not be possible but I thank you all for trying. :chef:

It's all an experiment anyway. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom