"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #11
Master Chef

Made a huge full-of-stuff salad for each of us, then we'll rummage through the "little of this, little of that" in the fridge. Himself is heating up the pint of pasta fagioli his sis gave us the other day so we can each have a bit. There is also a small portion of Hoppin' John, some of last night's steak, and the breast of the rotisserie chicken I brought home to make sure there was enough. It seems to be missing its limbs...

Old 09-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
You're missing a whole 'nother world. They make premade pie crusts now-a-days, or make your own. Or there is Bisquik's "impossible" pies ( not as good IMO). It is the silky smooth just baked custard on your tongue and whatever flavors you add and some cheese and one or two herbs to round it up. Easy.

Quiche, or maybe it's a tart, not sure which, is on my agenda for tomorrow's football game. Not giving away all my secrets tonight though.
Thanks for the quiche endorsement. And premade crust is good in my book

And quiche tomorrow? Didn't I read something about hot dogs?
The surprise is on.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #13
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I've never had quiche, but if I had a mind to that sounds like one I would love.
Pac, you never had Quiche?

It's pie.

Savoury pie with a savoury egg custard.

And delicious.

(Works brilliantly with lovely smoked bacon by the way).

Just sayin...
Old 09-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Made a huge full-of-stuff salad for each of us, then we'll rummage through the "little of this, little of that" in the fridge. Himself is heating up the pint of pasta fagioli his sis gave us the other day so we can each have a bit. There is also a small portion of Hoppin' John, some of last night's steak, and the breast of the rotisserie chicken I brought home to make sure there was enough. It seems to be missing its limbs...
That happens at my house too, but I'm the culprit.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #15
Master Chef

Taxy, we both nibbled a bit when the bird first showed up. Except it seems to have been missing a drumstick and a full wing when I brought it home! I noticed the poor bird looked a little battered but I figured those pieces were tucked beneath the body. Wrong. Someone is gonna have some 'splaining to do when I go to the store next week. After all, this store is my main one for shopping and I drop, on average, $80 or so a week. With prices creeping up some I'm getting too close to $100 to suit me.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #16
Master Chef

Whisk, I know you posted "LIVE- from your house- ...." but my strange brain keeps thinking "LIVE - at your house-..." Fortunately, I didn't have to chase my chicken around the yard to kill it. I don't even bring lobsters home live! The store I buy them at steams them for free.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Thanks for the quiche endorsement. And premade crust is good in my book

And quiche tomorrow? Didn't I read something about hot dogs?
The surprise is on.
Nothing wrong with a premade crust! With a premade crust, quiche is so quick and simple to make!

My other half is spoiled, he'll eat whatever I cook, but he always can tell when the crust isn't homemade and he's a crust lover.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #18
Head Chef

Chili, corn bread, and chocolate pie (made from scratch filling with premade crust). You ignorant slut.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #19
Sous Chef

I have some lamb rib chops marinating and getting ready to have their way with my grill. I got a scalloped potato bake from Costco that we all like and a cucumber and tomato salad marinating. We never got to the sashimi last night so we'll do that as well.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #20
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
...My other half is spoiled, he'll eat whatever I cook, but he always can tell when the crust isn't homemade and he's a crust lover.
Mine can too, he says it feels different in his mouth. It doesn't seem to impact how much makes it into his mouth though ...

Tags
dinner