Looking for best recipe for a romantic evening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this may sound strange to some of y'all, but inviting a young lady over for breakfast and cooking the following:

soft, flaky biscuits & shrimp in a delicate broth with some super smooth, creamy grits.

works every time...

lol.... anything that doesn't keep me finishing up dishes for another hour after dinner, he is all for!!! The man would accept a frozen pizza! Ain't he great?!?

I like finger-type foods. And it doesn't necessarily have to be ACTUAL finger foods. For instance. If you make a salad you can either keep the leaves large and dip in the dressing. You can take romaine leaves and at the sturdier end have a fairly finely chopped Caesar salad, or have a mixture of strawberries, blueberries, red onions, lettuce, in a white wine vinaigrette on the end.

Candles, music, Champagne (or sparkling) certainly don't hurt anything! Sushi wouldn't be bad either! Vietnamese Summer Rolls. These are just more of those finger foods.

Milkii,
For Sunday morning, I find fluffly scrambled eggs with truffles plus Melba toast and smoked salmon canapes, all washed down with a mimosa a nice way to start the day with your significant other.

Oops, I realized now you are asking for a romatic evening.
Please consider my suggestion the menu for next morning if everything goes OK that evening.

Milkii,
For Sunday morning, I find fluffly scrambled eggs with truffles plus Melba toast and smoked salmon canapes, all washed down with a mimosa a nice way to start the day with your significant other.

Oops, I realized now you are asking for a romatic evening.
Please consider my suggestion the menu for next morning if everything goes OK that evening.

:w00t2:........................

kitchenelf,
What is that face suppose to mean? LOL
I had that breakfast treatment in Salzburg but what completely embarrassed because I was the only one in the hotel restaurant with jeans, old navy t-shirt and running shoes.
Everyone else, even my significant other, was wearing a suit and tie or a nice dress.... oops.

lol wysi, from your avatar, salzburg looks pretty steep! next time remember to wear a dress to breakfast, ok? ;)

i'd go with a frenched rack of lamb, haricots verts, and an aromatic wild rice mix.
frenched rib chops are tasty but are also dainty and fun to eat. no sawing away at a hunk of meat, no having to crack a shell or splatter things.
same goes for delicate string beans. and you need a starch, so anything wild sounds good. :angel:

then make something decadently chocolatey for dessert. just make sure charlie is working that night.

(just kidding charlie!!! :cool:)

Last edited:
buckytom,
Make that dress a two or three pieces suit, I think a 6'3" guy on a dress doesn't look very appropriate in an Austrian 5 star hotel (I was there in business, can't afford those type of places) LOL

It really depends on the lady in question. I have generally found something that appears to have taken time and thought and is tasty really gets their attention.

I made a big hit with Cornish Game hens, split at the breast buttered, seasoned then broiled. Asparagus, broiled (it's already on!!) with olive oil and sesame seeds. A nice mixed green salad with a light balsamic vinegar dressing, fresh bread from the bakery. I also had a couple of nice pineapple tarts which I served with whipped cream and a bit of chocolate sauce(home made)..

A nice chardonnay(Rodney Strong, Chalk Hill) served chilled went great with the meal.. Coffee was served with the dessert along with a small glass of Port, (Graham six grape).

Last edited by a moderator:
:) I would casually bring up the subject of food and cooking even DC and find out what her favorite foods are not to give away what you are up to. Then go from what she tells you and surprise her. She will be quite impressed by how far you went to make her favorites.

:) I would casually bring up the subject of food and cooking even DC and find out what her favorite foods are not to give away what you are up to. Then go from what she tells you and surprise her. She will be quite impressed by how far you went to make her favorites.

My thoughts exactly. Find out what his/her favorite food/meal is, & go from there. I've prepared elaborate dinners - only to find the guest would have been happy with meatloaf or a steak & mashed potatoes.

I would pick a romantic secluded outdoor location - beach, roof, sundeck, park - weather permitting. An indoor or outdoor picnic can be romantic. I made a stuffed cornish hens dinner (will try to find and post a link). But, overall, from my personal experience, men are happy with a good steak (meat & potatoes). Music, candles, champagne/wine, flowers always appeal to the senses/help set the tone/mood. For the most part, it's the company & being together. If it's indoors - tidy up the place first :LOL:

I'm a seafood lover (but hate sushi)... A suggestion is salmon en papillote

salmon-en-papillote-recipe.htm

Paella or ciopinno.

But, not everyone likes fish. In my experience many men still don't like veggies. I would keep the dinner light - no heavy dessert, & go easy on the alcohol.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the suggestions boys and girls. I appreciate it!

MilKii,
It isn't always what you cook as the circumstances around it. I think sometimes it is just doing something different, or going out of your culinary "comfort zone".

I remember my first birthday after my DH and I started seeing each other (romantically, that is, we were business partners for a long time before that but that's another story) and he decided to make a romantic dinner. You have to realize that at this point all he knew about food was that it usually was served to you in a brown paper bag from a window :LOL:. Anyway, he fried chicken breasts (no seasoning) to char, had canned creamed corn and frozen french fries that were still frozen in the centre. I had to force down every bite and yet it was the best meal I ever had.

That, I think, was the night I knew I loved him. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom